finally, a new project....

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah!

they got an article on a backyard foundry that looks pretty good.
I've read a bunch of the stuff over at metalcastingzone, and the gingery stuff, which is always great!

I AM gonna have a foundry THIS summer!

:)
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The etching idea is too cool for school. Man, a guy could do some very unique head badges using that method. Hmmmmmm. Me thinks I might have to give it a try.

I'm keeping my eye on this build. It has me nailed.

Tom

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
HEAD BADGES were exactly what I was thinking as well! This lil project (the filter) was really just a sort of "test run".... Got some other ideas as well, can't divulge them all at one time though...

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
PROGRESS!!!!!
got the tank mostly done today!! I'm soo stupid happy! first time trying a tank, so was a bit hesitant...
I happen to think it turned out tits though. got some work to do grinding away all the excess steel, finding pinholes making MORE excess steel...
gotta say though, once I got the proper amperage (it was off from what the machine said) they{my welds} started to come out real clean and ALMOST tig-ish...
first pic is an acorn/cap-nut I made, starting a thread just on how to do that, incase anyone would like to know...the other pictures show them used as the mounting bungs inside tank...

Attachments

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Made some riding gloves this morn' ....don't know where I should post pics...
Probably gonna be in the boardie/vintage area, since they were made because I picked up a pair of vintage gloves from 1915 on eBay, still in good condition, but are a bit small. Not to mention, they were from a small privately owned museum in S.D. and I would want to ruin them should I ever go down.
Will do a simple link later when I post the pics, not near a puter now...

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
and lastly, used the cutoff saw as a flat sander to flatten both ends of porch swing spring...put it all together and BOOSH! a new SUPER-DUTY springer front end.
still have more welding to do, and the rockers to fabricate...see y'all soon!

Attachments

Last edited:

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
...I believe I'm switching my plans, going hf
4stroke, I have two sitting around. with the weight and all the reinforcing, I figure a better power plant is needed...