I wish I could build one of these

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
China engine..... surplus wing tank from a fighter jet.... Front wheels from a child's bike.... a few more misc parts and there you go.... Well maybe

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Wow! I want one!
I wonder how much the production vehicle will cost? I've seen the Lotus electric car - really cool, but I can't afford a $120,000 car *just* to save a few bucks at the fuel pump...although, if I had the cash.... ;)

The big question:
Will it be cost-efficient enough to be able to actually SAVE MONEY in less than 10 years?

Looking at current Hybrids, you pay $10k more so you can be green and save gas...but how long do you have to keep the car before you actually get out of the red?

diggler

Jun 2, 2008
You would think that if you're gonna dish out 30k for this kind of vehicle, the dealer at least would throw in a pair of wings as well. Anyways, its still one heck of an awesome design concept and sure to get plenty of gawkers as it lithely speeds down by. :eek:

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
I would gladly dish out 30k for this.
I paid $42k for my Acura MDX, and it drinks gas around town like a Hummer :( Well, not that bad, but I'm getting around 15-16mpg around town, 22-23 on the highway. Yesterday I paid $4.39 a gallon. OUCH! $85 to fill up!!! Not cool at all!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
In the good ol' U.S. micro cars can't pass all the crash test crap they require....I'm not sure why they have to, I don't think any of my motorcycles would pass a crash test.

diggler

Jun 2, 2008
In the good ol' U.S. micro cars can't pass all the crash test crap they require....I'm not sure why they have to, I don't think any of my motorcycles would pass a crash test.
Makes sense. I got an inside scoop from someone working in the refineries that gas prices will be 7 BUCKS this summer. So thinking 'small' is looking better with each passing day. :)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If it goes much over 4 dollars, I am parking the truck (ranger 4 cylinder) until I absolutely have to use it in the winter.

If it's 7 dollars a gallon, then the only vehicles that will be on the road are we motorized bikes, motorcycle/scooters and govt. vehicles....Hmmmm food for thought?

7 dollars a gallon should wake up a few people and piss off the rest, but it won't happen.....

diggler

Jun 2, 2008
Well they said that 4 bucks a gallon couldn't happen either. Actually 7 bucks a gallon might be a bit conservative considering a looming war with Iran...and the eventual shutdown of the Straits of Hormuz. When you see Americans flocking to Mexico to buy gas, well it just goes to show you our current state of affairs.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well they said that 4 bucks a gallon couldn't happen either. Actually 7 bucks a gallon might be a bit conservative considering a looming war with Iran...and the eventual shutdown of the Straits of Hormuz. When you see Americans flocking to Mexico to buy gas, well it just goes to show you our current state of affairs.

Yeah, things are going to get interesting fo'sho'.

Here we already have a problem with break-ins and rip-offs due to all the meth that people are on....now add to that 5-7 dollar a gallon gas and you have the wild wild west all over again. Concealed carry laws here too, and not to many cops.
Once they are on your property, they are fair game I was told by the sherriff.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Its gonna get interesting folks. My two oldest boys are working for a company that is building an electric car, it should be out soon. I drove the car the other day and it is like a normal gas car but no gas. Will go at least 150 mi on a charge and that is about 7 dollars. Goes 100 mph and will fit 5 people. The only thing that is strange is that the accelerator is a stopping device also. This is why. The car has regenerative braking so as you take your foot out of the throttle it starts to charge the battery, that is resistance Hence the stopping affect. At the last portion of the stop you use the brakes, or for a panic stop. Have fun, Dave
Electric Cars, Green Vehicle :: Phoenix Motorcars, Inc.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Diggler - Do a search at Google of Stanley Meyer, and view the article at Wikipedia there were a lot of claims made about that system, but it turns out you still need a lot of electrical power to make Hydrogen from water. I think in the future it will happen but for now it is still not cost effective. Have fun, Dave

Just curious, but does anyone know if this so called: 'Brown's Gas Conversion Kits' holds any water?

YouTube - Run you car on water and nothing else.

diggler

Jun 2, 2008

Hey all you tinkerers and mechanically inclined out there....anybody ever try grouping a stack of Black & Decker Nano Batteries and see what happens ?? I found this article rather intriguing:

A123's real target, however, is your car. Chiang says A123's cells could lighten a Toyota Prius' 100-pound battery by as much as 80 percent and help boost any hybrid's performance. The quick recharging time - the M1 takes five minutes to reach 90 percent capacity - plus high peak power also would be ideal for plug-in versions of gas-electric vehicles. With a bit more research, the world's roads may someday see fast, zero-carbon autos that zip past gas guzzlers and tank up from the grid faster than a rest-stop Starbucks can serve you a latte.
Wired 14.03: START