Even cheaper trailer build

GoldenMotor.com

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
My variant on the trailer theme, built out of scrap aluminium and plywood packing crates.
The only expensive items were the gas struts and ball bearing hinges, but i wanted it to look professionally made and designed.

Fabian

Attachments

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
Fabian, thats kind of what I want to do to mine. If you don't want to worry about the trailer wheels going flat, head to Wal-Mart and look for Bell NoFlats. They are foam tubes. A royal pain in the arse to get the tire over, but once installed, you can pick up every nail from the local construction site and they won't be flat :D

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
I fully regret recommending the Bell NoFlats. I've been hauling loads in, and as soon as you starting loading it up, the foam tubes start to flatten down, it really bogs me down. If you are running lightweight stuff you should be fine though.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Hi George here are pics. of my trailer-made hitch fork while I was living in one room appartment anti flip lock mech. and three point hitch is my own invention. :/
I know one thing ya gotta secure stuff real good on that thing! Looks cool have ya used it much how fast do you go loaded (I mean do ya have to go slow to keep stuff on it)

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I know one thing ya gotta secure stuff real good on that thing! Looks cool have ya used it much how fast do you go loaded (I mean do ya have to go slow to keep stuff on it)
Yea, Ive used it quite allot -moved with it twice-made lots of trips-also to haul large boxes home from store...I dont go very fast with it. - sure does follow very nice with 3 point hitch-I can haul television and air conditioner together with no problem. I've hauled lots of weight on it,but without motor-it attaches to my bike rack. No problem keeping stuff on it because I use tie downs...good tie downs.When I'm not using as trailer I've moved allot of fridges already:):)P.S. I drilled holes through axles and installed cotter pins with machine bushings to keep wheels locked on. :/

Last edited: