Pashley Pronto work bike

GoldenMotor.com

MadPlumber

Jan 20, 2013
Brissy
Hi
Does anyone have any idea's of what would be the best type of engine to mount to my work bike. It's a Pashley Pronto bike, they are hand built in the UK and are very sturdy. Any thoughts or ideas would be brilliant......below is the bike.
PASHLEY.jpg

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Nice bike :) I agree about the rear mount drive as it's the only area on your bike that's free to be used. A front drive is out of the question and trying to put an engine in the step-thru frame area would only cause an obstruction and ruin the whole point of the bike.

MadPlumber

Jan 20, 2013
Brissy
Thanks for your idea's, the only problem I have is that the other side of the wheel hub has a drum brake which I would like to keep as it's very powerful even in wet conditions. All the kits I've looked at for rear wheel drive have a sproket with a standard 20-25 centre hole to go over a conventional wheel hub, does anyone know where a larger hole centered sproket can be obtained from? I was wondering if this type of kit could be applicable?

lfpic.jpg

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Yes a belt drive kit would do it alright and solve the problem of trying to fit a sprocket around your drum brake. The other option would be to use a friction drive kit, Friction drive does work well and is simple to mount up and get working, the only downside is that the friction roller drive isn't so good in wet weather.

MadPlumber

Jan 20, 2013
Brissy
Bugger...just read up on the internet that internal combustion engined propelled bicycles are banned in my State! Bumin Governments spoil the fun of everyone all over the world!

MadPlumber

Jan 20, 2013
Brissy
Just phoned my local facist police station! They say motorised engine leagal under 50cc in QLD, Australia and under 200w for electric driven, gives me some options.