Prewar frame mods

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Have a typical prewar straight bar frame I want made bulletproof before I 2 stroke it.

Was thinking a gusset on rear triangle top and bottom, and headtube(connect it to both top and downtube.

Anywhere else? I might as well get motor mount welded with some poly bushings to absorb most of vibes.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
being a prewar frame, I will bet its pretty solid, probably made of quality american steel. If the frame is in good condition and there is no rust around the welds, no reason to reinforce it. unless you are putting some kind of monster dirtbike engine on it, it will be fine. if you are putting a regular chinese 2 stroke bicycle engine on it, it wont hurt the frame at all. I myself have a walmart special huffy with a 68.5cc china engine. almost two years and this frame is still as solid as a rock. people even put the china engines on aluminum frames. I personally wouldnt do it, but many people have installed china engines on walmart bikes without incident. honestly no reason to reinforce a prewar frame. I guarantee its made of quality american steel and will outlive us all.