Electra is up and running

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I couldn't get the video to load on my machine... might be something I downloaded yesterday is blocking it. But anyway, congratulations on getting it done. Whereabouts in Minnesota? I'm up by the Canadian border near Ely.
SB

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Very cool youtube video! Your son looks like he is having a blast.
WooHoo!! Great bike too, I like the Electra's a bunch. Cheers

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I got the video to work... very cool and a nice looking bike. A helmet is a good idea for any age. Just a suggestion from a guy with a brain injury. How cool for his Dad to have helped him with this. My dad would have just said no. Good for you...
SB

srx

Sep 1, 2010
MN
Thanks for all the great comments guys, the boy took the bike 12 miles into town last night (with helmet) to drop some home work off to a buddy who was home sick. Well, on the way home the screw vibrated loose on the cable stop for the clutch. Dad to the rescue in the dark, his cell phone went dead about 5 miles before I could reach him. Needless to say it took me about 45 min. to locate him. I brought a vise grip and clamped it onto the cable which got him about 6 miles and then the exhaust nuts flew off leaving the pipe laying on the road. He grabbed onto the window ledge of my truck and I pulled him the rest of the way at 15 mph.