any thing here built to fail...Part Duex

GoldenMotor.com

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
OK....

1) Remade the engine mount, what you can't see is the .125" cold roll steel strip on the back side Thanks for the good advise guys!)
2) Clutch cable modification
3) Skateboard wheel chain tensioner
4) Beefed up Venice brakes with aluminum bracket (mostly cosmetic)
5) Attached tank to a sculpted cedar block fastened to the top tube with brass brackets and a S-load of gorilla glue to secure- feels rock solid

What is going to fail?
.duh.

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The only thing left to fail is the engine, but you already knew that.

Well just in case it doesn't, eventually everything fails, just give it time and be prepared. Pretty much everything that breaks can be fixed, unless it just wears out.

The way I deal with failure is optimistically, it just works better that way. Just remember.....things could ALWAYS be worse, no matter how bad they are. Think positive!

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Sweet looking ride man! Am I the only one worried about the angle of the carb/float bowl? But hey, if it runs, it runs, eh? Nice clutch mod, I'd keep an eye on it in case it starts to warp, and don't leave clutch pulled in when not riding too.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
On second look I think Ursus may be talking about the way you have the cable mounted to the pivot. There's a lot of stress on the clutch cable and I think the cable mounting tab could use a gusset across the back because I could just see it snapping off.

And when you get that done make me one! :D

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice....solved that little problem, that's how they should come from the factory!!!dance1

Is that an old Yamaha mini-enduro tank and is the rear tire a continental?

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
let us know how the drifters perform (wear/ride/etc...) please :)
I have been thinking of switching to them ;)
(I wore out my armadillo crossroads (6000 miles) and don't like the stock whitewalls my stretch came with)