I'm ashamed

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To show this along side those great paint jobs but alas why not. I changed the paint colors on the bike. I am going to get a can of silver engine paint for the tank just as soon as I get to the parts house again. I am thinking a couple of amber circle lights for the front as well.

Yes I "borrowed" norman's headlight concept but I just chopped up an old lantern I had around. I plan to frost the lens since it is just for daylight "see me" purposes. Norman's light is classy mine is junk.

I went with black and silver as paint colors. I think this is the final version.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
All bikes are things of beauty to me. Even Normans old rat bike. Deacon it looks just fine and if you enjoy riding it thats all that matters. Don't be ashamed of your bike. Be proud of what you've accomplished. You took a junk bike and made a motor bike out it. A truly one of a kind sissy motor bike. I guarantee you no matter how nice a bike looks. Someone will always make one that looks nicer...................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i think all the motorized bicycles are beautiful. each one has its own uniqueness and no 2 are the same. they give us joy and that is the real beauty

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Oh i know all that but beside those custom painted bikes she looks shabby lol... then again maybe its shabby chic or it just fits my junker personality.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
They ain't nothin' wrong with that bike atall Deacon.

I have yet to see one with that frame configuration either.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Today I added a luggage rack made from 3/4" pvc on the rack and a broom handle for the down rods. Seems to be just fine. Painted the down rods black and the top deck silver. Adds a carry space and defines the rear of the bike as well. I'll shoot a picture tomorrow.

I really do like the smaller size of it and the rear wheel cuts the speed which for me is a good thing.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
you have a very nice looking bike. My bike I call the rat is old 1989 I think and it as I like to say aged nicely don't have to worry about scraching the paint and I've even added a custom facing dent in the tank.
My redneck black bike is spray can flat black and I ain't skeert to ride it through a barbwire fence except I don't think I'd fair to well we all have nice bikes they are apart of us, sort of as to say. That didn't sound right but you get the idea. Run what ya brung. If ya don't like what you see then close your eyes, tell them that( or you cold close them for em). I did alot of that learning to fly, closing my eyes rotfl
The Lord Vader:ride2:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
jeeze i dont dare close mine when i ride. The only balance i have is with my eyes. In the dark i fall flat on my backside everytime. On i love the old girl even if she is held together with black duct tape.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
the latest incarnation.... note luggage rack (pvc and broom sticks) and the red lens in front. Not sure what that would be called.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I hope this is the last incarnation of the .. In case yoiu can't make it out that is a basket on the rear...
Sissy Schwinn

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Now what cool thing should really be on the sign in back.

I'm thinking Maybe just 'Delivery'...'Messenger'...No way im gonna ride around with 'Sissy' on it lol... 'Truck Parts'.....'Alcohol Powered' 'Rent this space' ... or maybe my old company name...

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
Slow ride?
Will pedal for money or food? Naw thats not good.
Will deliver for gas.
Offical bootleg whiskey hauler.
Your in Nascar country put your favorite car paint scheme and number on it.
It looks good just the way it is so you have fun, that's what it all about.( sounds like the hokey pokey song sort of)
norman

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I just bought two vietnam pow/mia decals for my gas tank on the sissy. I think that is more fitting than the pirate flag. At least for me it is. Coming in from ebay.