saw chopper bikes on youtube and had to get one :)

GoldenMotor.com

sanchtech

Nov 12, 2009
Sac
anyhow, was wondering what engine kit and mount are good for the price? I'm hoping on getting an exhaust that comes with the kit that doesn't point up or down but looks like your standard motorcycle exhaust that goes straight back. I saw some in pics but not sure if it came with a kit or bought separately. Also looking for something that will go around 35 mph to 40. Would be nice to have the option to go chrome tank too. Any advice much appreciated.

I guess I should mention it's a 20" occ chopper bike. I read in a thread I'll need the kit, am engine mount, a sprocket adapter:confused:, and exhaust?

I'm thinking maybe the exhaust can work till I get the right one or is this dealing with clearance issues?

Any help appreciated.

btw, I'm a bodytech/painter and will probably do some wicked airbrushing on it after I learn how to dissassemble it.

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome!
Those OCC Choppers sure look nice but look like a bit of a challenge to build. Take your time and enjoy the build because when you are finished you will want to build another one. I do custom paint work too on the side. It is fun to make things look nice. If you have any questions just ask and someone will chime in.

messer77

Nov 12, 2009
D.C.
I'm in the same boat. I saw the bikes on youtube aswell and had to have one. I'm taking a different approach though. I had an old Huffy frame in my shed and decided to build a trike. My motor is off an old weewacker, it's 31cc. Fitting it to the trike wont be a problem. I don't know if it's going to powerful enough. My son is only 100lbs so as long as it moves him around i'll be happy.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
you really should consider contacting our good friend brett on the boards, for a nominal fee, he can bobberize your OCC frame and make i adultworthy in many ways.... search production bobber... here i wll do it for you!

sanchtech

Nov 12, 2009
Sac
Here's one that was at the Lebanon, Pa. rally at my place in August. It's owned by OCCStingray on this forum. He has it licensed in Pa. as a moped.
Jay
that's soo sick! Oh man, well I guess I can say you are one of my influences. It was seeing pics like that made me want one too.

Last edited:

sanchtech

Nov 12, 2009
Sac
you really should consider contacting our good friend brett on the boards, for a nominal fee, he can bobberize your OCC frame and make i adultworthy in many ways.... search production bobber... here i wll do it for you!
that blue bike is amazing. That's probably the best looking one I've seen.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
My OCC Stingray was my first, and so far only motorized bike build done at age 12. It seems like the bike is never really "done" because there is always something that you want to change, add, or make better. I bought the engine mount, and exhaust from Barry on ebay. I did not need a sprocket adaptor, it just bolted right to the hub. If you get a Stingray with only rear brakes, like mine, then I recommend getting a front brake as well which is one of the things I still have to do.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I get the wanting one (OCC) thing. So I built one for my second bike. Tougher to build? As I see it this bike only needed some customized items. Mainly the motor mount. Mine is from Bike Berry and so is my exhaust. You may want a smaller than a 44T sprocket. I have the 44T which provides great low end torque on a 20" wheel, but limits the top speed. Lastly, as others have said this bike is kinda small for an adult so I replaced the handlebars and reduced my seat post size to 1" and added a lay back seat post with a 13" wide coil cushioned seat. Now the ride experience feels like I am no longer cramped. There are few other bikes that when finished look like a small motor cycle with peddles!

Attachments

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
OCC, I posted a pic of your bike here. Did you see it?
Jay
Yes I saw it, which is why I posted to give a little more info about it. Here are some more pics of it. The first one is when i just finished building it back in 2005. The others are pictures of it about 5 months ago. Some changes have been made since then as well, the most important change since then is now it is registered as a moped as stated earlier.

Attachments

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I am getting a little too big for my bike as well. I would like to change my handlebars, but it is easier siad then done. I would have to lengthen about 8 wires (electrical system for headlight, taillight, brake light, turn signals, horn. My throttle cable and brake cable allready have enough slack for new handlebars. Forgot to mention earlier that my sprocket is a 40T.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Welcome!
Those OCC Choppers sure look nice but look like a bit of a challenge to build. Take your time and enjoy the build because when you are finished you will want to build another one. I do custom paint work too on the side. It is fun to make things look nice. If you have any questions just ask and someone will chime in.
O fo sho I hear ya on that one,lol I'm already on my third build within a month of buying my first kit. It's a great hobby there after as theres always something else to do. But for the best kit at the best price, check out thatsdax.com

sanchtech

Nov 12, 2009
Sac
damn, those bikes are all looking good. Thanks guys. That clears up a lot of clouds. Expect a private message from me when I'm ready to order to know where you guys got your parts. For now I'll just pick at the design end til I can drop another load of cash into it. The great thing is I'm not even done and I'm already thinking of my next bike. :)

Guess I better get this one done first or I'll jinx the build

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I have an electric Stingray that is slightly different from this model in the center section It has a v twin battery case that resembles the Harly v-twin engine I've also put an extra battery and charger there to create 48 volts that supplys the front mounted Hub Motor Wheel 24" I can scream around at 30+ mph silently
another change is the seat, I put on a stingray banna seat and rods at the rear to hold it up straight it out performs the uncomfortable stock seat