In the world a rarity, in Malaysia unheard of

GoldenMotor.com

zveloyak

Jan 9, 2009
Malaysia
Peace to all,

You know, the world is bogged in habits and laws. One habit says drink to drown your problems and you drink ... and drown. One law says bicycles cannot have engines. That's it, all the paperwork you have to fill and payments you have to hand over before you can change over from push only to push and put-put. In the end your original intention to have some fun has expired by the time you undo the tangle. Sigh. Like dinosaurs who refused to adapt or accommodate and paid the price, authorities everywhere who go around plonking their weight on puny contraptions like a bike which can put-put to justify their sinecures will kill one healthy and peaceful branch of human activity giving all the space to actions which do violence to both humans and the environment.

So here I am tapping a spanner on my palm mulling what to do with my sense of fun dripping out of my ears. All doors - legal and technological - are shut in my face. No funny bikes here in Malaysia, and what's this, add an engine? You've gotta be out of your mind! Not to say wrong country.

And so that's the way it is, I want to get outta my mind and into the world of motor-assisted cycling and see a bit of the world on it.

First step, stopping by here to see what's cooking.

Cheers, fellas.

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum and the world of Motorized Bicycling. You'll like it here, lots of friendly folks. Glad you joined us and hope you find what you're looking for...................

zveloyak

Jan 9, 2009
Malaysia
you can also divide people up into those who are three-dot ellipsis and those who are no-limit dot ellipsis ... haha!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Bicycles seemed to be everywhere in the other parts of SE Asia I visited. They legally ride motorcycles on the sidewalks in Korea!
Since Malaysia hosts a professional bicycle road race annually, the Tour of Malaysia (or Langkawi?), you would expect them to be more accommodating.

[email protected]

Nov 3, 2009
Puchong
Hello everyone I'm a student and i am planning to make a few bucks by green means, Bicycles.... can somebody please help me.... I want to find manufacturer in Malaysia for Motorized bicycle... I need to get price quotation for electric and fuel powered bicycle. Thanks a lot guys.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Hello everyone I'm a student and i am planning to make a few bucks by green means, Bicycles.... can somebody please help me.... I want to find manufacturer in Malaysia for Motorized bicycle... I need to get price quotation for electric and fuel powered bicycle. Thanks a lot guys.
Try this:
doye's Site

Although I built my motorized bicycle with engine from
MOTORISED BIKE ENGINE KIT ZBOX BIKE ENGINE AUSTRALIA 48cc ENGINE - AUD$235

Send me a PM if you want more details... :)