New to the motor bicycle game.

GoldenMotor.com

909zohan

Dec 26, 2012
Hesperia, Ca.
Hello there people My name is Frank i'm from cali. I have a cheap Huffy Beach Crusier with intentions of throwing a motor on her. If any one has any suggestions on a kit it would be much appreciated thanks and looking forward to see your thoughts and advice.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. As far as suggestions, you'll get plenty. There are 2 stroke people here along with 4 stroke and electric guys/gals who will tell you their way is the best way.

My advice is to start reading and find the information that you agree with the most. Your decisions will be based on the way you want to use your bike. Is it a fun time hobby, a daily commuter, or just something you want to experiment with?
These all will determine what engine/drive that suits you. There are many options to choose from. No one better or worse than the other. Check out the various sub sections of the forum for detailed information on the ways to motorize a bicycle.
Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The one thing I think is most important is which engine type you prefer, most everyone seems to start with a 2 stroke. I have built bikes from several vendors and found them to be close to the same. After you decide on a kit don't forget about brakes, stopping a motorized bicycle can be a challenge. Adding side pull bmx type front and rear brakes help greatly. If you don't find what you are looking for just ask, everyone here helped me a lot when I started.

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
welcome Greg. I'm a newish member myself. What little I know, I will help you with (if I can). what ever you need to know some-one here can help

909zohan

Dec 26, 2012
Hesperia, Ca.
Well its gonna be a commuter bike for a few months anyway I'm thinking a 2 stroke because it seems to be a cheaper route just in case i mess things up. Thanks for all your replys and for the helping ideas. I will have a lot of reading to do.