Hello Motorbiker's!

GoldenMotor.com

donsknr

Aug 23, 2011
Long Beach CA
Hello people!

I am working on my first build... a 52' Schwinn Panther. Me and my brother both started our motorbikes at the same time... he just finished his about a week ago and I still have at least a month to go. I will post some pics soon. I bought a motor from motovelo, I have an expansion chamber from SBP's, I have the RT carb from dax, the MM head... should be pretty wicked when it's done...

Anyway, I enjoy reading all the info and posts. I am so glad there is a place like this on the web with such an active group. It has influenced my purchasing quite a bit.

-d.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

donsknr

Aug 23, 2011
Long Beach CA
Hello MB'ers...

Well, here is a photo of the bike when I started with it. The second image is from yesterday 4/8/12 while I was trying to fit the motor in the frame. I am using a custom motor mounting bracket to figure out all the dimensions I need for the final motor mounts. With the Felt rims and the big tires I have it looks like i need to offset the motor about a 1/4 inch.

I finally finished putting the motor back together on saturday 4/7. I have used the MM Head... but I had to make some custom spacers because my studs were too long.

donsknr

Aug 23, 2011
Long Beach CA
Well, here is some completed images of my motorbike. I have already wrecked the motor twice, and I am on a complete new engine. But I have learned it is a lot more fun riding it than working on it every weekend... so I am going to try and keep this one running.

Attachments

donsknr

Aug 23, 2011
Long Beach CA
Thank you Dan & Wild Bill! I am real happy with it. I am slowly starting to gather parts for the next build... It is going to be a Schwinn DX frame to start.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Great job. You took your time, and did it right. Now the big fun begins riding around, and showing it off to the world.