Why is 48cc more powerful than 66cc

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was unaware of this, could we see some stats, preferably tests done on a dynamometer that could prove this rumor? There is no replacement for displacement when it comes power in most circumstances.....honestly! This should apply the the engines in question.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Are you talking about two different kinds of motors? I would guess that a 48cc Morini might out perform a 68cc china girl. Depends on what you're talking about. /clarify.
SB

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Some 48cc Chinese engines are more powerful than some 66cc engines. But if they are tuned correctly and all other things are equal a higher displacement will result in more power.

The whole no replacement for displacement argument is somewhat invalid, unless you think that your 80cc china girl can beat this 50cc:

YouTube - Aprilia RS 50 Onboard

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA
I can't find the vendor that made me question, and I don't remember who's site I was on that was saying that their 48cc had more torque and power than 66cc. I could be misremembering, though I doubt it. I just don't remember where I read it.auflg

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
Yeah but that video, its like a racing bike, so higher compression and they would make it go faster then a normal 50cc, If your comparing engines at lease compare them to same engine, for example ,a racing motor 50cc and a 80cc motor bicycle.

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA
That was my thought also, make a lower rear wheel gear to get more speed out of a motorized bike, but now I am more comfortable with about 25 mph with the motor. As with all bicycles that I have ridden, I like to feel the bike, the mechanics, how it flows with the speed. But over 25 mph, on a motorized bike, I am kinda taking my chances. I can't feel the nuances anymore above that speed over the sound and vibrations of the engine. Don't get me wrong, I love my motorized bike, I just miss higher speeds with complete control.r.ly. or more control, as if complete control ever were an option drn2

I have to say though, that the most control I have had over a bicycle was a schwin chicago fixie, that got stolen. doh! welded and braized. It's a haunted frame. I pity the fool that rides it. ha ha haaaaaaa.

No, that's not fair. The person that rides it prolly bought it from a theif. So, I wish safe riding to the new owner. See, I am over it.

Last edited:

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA
Thanks for saying that. I was ready to let my bike be stolen. I have had a lot of bikes stolen, so I can tell when I am letting them go. When I am done riding them and begin to fear them, that's when I let them go.

It will be fun to let this one with the engine get stolen. I will leave it unlocked until it gets ripped off, then I will say good bye to my motorized bike. And don't even say that isn't fair if the thief gets hurt or breaks their arm or leg.

Noooo, don't steal a motorized bike, duh!

I mean, no one steals a motorcycle out of a parking lot. What make them think they could steal a motorized bicycle from the bike rack?

Last edited:

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA
There are bicycle thieves that steal if property looks as if uncared for. Sad to say but true. Tell me, what is a worse trap, a bike thief trap or a drug dealer trap?

I think we should trap the bike thieves. How many bicycles have you have stolen? I have had 3 really expenseve $250 stolen from me. 2 plus $300. So, yea, I am a little upset about bike thieves seeing as how I spend my money on them and others always steal my best ones :-(

Last edited:

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
i had a 49cc slant head that was just behind the 66cc regular head as far as power N all. had 48cc round head too. it held its on too..not as powerful as the 66 but still good. prolly with sum mods like i seen sum do on youtube the skies the limit with these motors:)

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
oh =[ Well that really sucks, I live in australia , but i try not to leave my bike where it has potential to be stolen , i garage mine so no one can get it, but theres only like 7 people in my town that have MB. And you loosing all that money on what u love to do, that must really make you feel bad, and i bet u think about if you want to build another, because u don’t want to risk it getting stolen again!

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA
Motorized bikes are totally fun. I like to watch people look at my bike and just trip off it. Honestly, I will be eating lunch and watching my bike while people stare at it for like 10 minutes like my bike is gods answer to their legislation .flg. it is 66cc though not 48 cc just kidding. I am going to build a new fixie. It's just better in my opinion to fly on peddle power than be scared of a gasoline engine. And that is how I ride, in fear of a drive train failure... I have had too many drive trains and derailers explode in mid flight, engine or peddle power. It's enough to make one think twice about peddling as hard as one can.

Last edited: