girlfriends bike. noise?loss of power?

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
Me and my girl both have motorized bikes with the happytime engines. we were riding along and she says,," stop! it made a horiffic noise now i have no power. so i rode it and it is pretty gutless to begin with. its hard to tell whats wrong because i am used to mine and mine has lots of power. so i checked for air leaks, tighted all the screws and bolts /also on carb. checked all gaskets. I dont know what to think. need a new plug? the plug looked good and if it was fouled it wouldnt run right? any ideas? I think the noise came from the chain hitting a tooth a bit off but i am up in arms
jeff

theblueboy

Oct 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have the same problem! My bother was riding it and it didn't make a big noise,
it just loss power and now I can't even make it up a tiny hill and it doesn't go that fast
any more! What's the problem? Is the throttle messed up or the carburetor?
Help me! By the way, it is a 80cc upgraded motor.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
If you have two bikes then you're in a good position to swap parts to see what's wrong. If you've swapped out everything that you can and problem stays with the block maybe time to just inverst in a new engine. Only $50-$75.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I just had the same problem. For me it was one of the pins in the piston that keep the rings from rotating. It came loose and put a deep gouge in the cylinder wall. Just pull the head and look in there. Hope that's not the problem. GL