new guy from MA

GoldenMotor.com

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
been a motorcycle guy for over 40yrs and discovered motorized bicycles a few weeks ago. i'm hooked ! built a schwinn swindler with a 2stroke. almost through 2nd tank of gas having a ball in the cooold.

#64 main jet, manic mechanic 40t, frt and rear brake with dual brake lever, squished the frt tube with a C clamp to use the stock spacing on the replaced studs. re torqued the head 3X now it has settled down, NGK b6hs, billet throttle, tractor supply #41 chain, Michigan Motor Bikes Chain Tensioner, changed both frt and rear peddle sprockets for a lower ratio to suit this ol man...

Attachments

Last edited:

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
I grew up in MA, Worcester actually. Welcome. I like the bike, it reminds me of my first except I didn't install hand brakes untill the cheap China coaster brake stripped out ejecting me and separating my shoulder. Nice job adding those brakes to start. Just wanted to welcome a fellow mass hole!!! Go Pats!!!.shft.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
at 30+ mph you gotta be able to shut it down quick sometimes.
appreciate the welcome

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Welcome Kartooo, Im a motorcycle guy too and these are just 40 pound Motorcycles that you can just lift it up and carry it over the top of any junk in the garage to get it out. Try doing that with a Harley. No dead batteries, no tabs, no insurance... whats not to like for back road trips. You did you bike right for sure! I always add front and rear pull brakes so I never have to use the coaster. Clean build all the way man!

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
+1
thanks for the compliment
1st 16-1 gal is just about gone.
ready to burn some 32-1 full synthetic

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Welcome,
Always glad to see more MTR Bike people in ma. I have several Mb's in my shed. I try to get out for a ride every day(weather permitting). I stay off the main roads, too many cagers texting. am from the south shore. Good build by the way!

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
thank's for the welcome.
went out today for about 1/2hr on sme nice 32-1, what a nice surprize.
run's very well on the stuff.
yup, this stuff is very addictive...

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
After engine break-in (2 Tanks) most run 32-1
I have one china girl with over 4K miles. Have done 3 tri state runs with it(Ma, NH,Maine). That one engine I run a bit more oil due to high milage. That bike also has a sidecar.
My other builds are strictly 32-1

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I'm a 40yr motorcyclist too. Still ride KTM dirt bikes, have 3 of them.
Having no wife allows me that freedom.

Nice build there!
I used a piece of bar and a hammer to dent the fat front tube to use the front bolts.
I think you will be happy you did. More secure, less vibration.

Steve in snowy Nova Scotia

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
i have a friend that deals in amsoil and gave me some 100-1.
i'm old school and just can't use the stuff.
all my break in time it has been around 40*, which is good.
with a #64 main jet i get a little 4 stroke in my mid range that i like.
keep em cool and lubed....
my early 4 stroke motorcycles it was straight 30WT for 300 miles for break in.
my wife's 2016 toyota got it's 1st oil change at 10,000 miles.
i just can't grasp that theory !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-||

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
After engine break-in (2 Tanks) most run 32-1
I have one china girl with over 4K miles. Have done 3 tri state runs with it(Ma, NH,Maine). That one engine I run a bit more oil due to high milage. That bike also has a sidecar.
My other builds are strictly 32-1
what are using for lube on the crank and clutch gear ?
i brushed on some of that honda moly paste i learned about from my BMW morocycle days.

love to see some pics of that sidecar rig

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Anything greasy and sticky seems to work well.
Any EP2, Lucas Red"N"Tacky, BelRay waterproof all work well.
More important to put a little bit on more often than what you use.
Too much flings about and risks contaminating the clutch.
One match-head size dollop spread around the big gear every tank or two.
The gears will be noisy at first and quiet with time and miles.

These are not nickle/silicon cylinders. The chrome is quite soft and fragile.
I found my cylinder scratched up badly due to the poor original air filter.

The 50:1 synthetic oil mix I was using didn't help much.
I switched to 32:1 to find it sealed the damaged cylinder better.
With a new cylinder I have switched to Maxima 927 castor oil and found great results.
No scratching at all in the cylinder and the hone pattern is still there miles later.
It seals better at 24:1 but still works very well even at 32:1.

Steve

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
thanks for the info. i just brushed on a small amount of that honda moly paste with a artist type paintbrush, it's sticky and loooong lasting.
i have an old K&N filter re charge kit i sprayed the original foam filter with to make it effective.
i used castor oil in all my control line airplanes yrs ago. messy , gummy , gooey but very effective. saved many a 2 stroke engine on a lean run. put a drop of regular oil in a hot frying pan. it just evaporates and turns to smoke. put a drop of castor oil in that same frying pan. it just gets gooey and better !! the open valve train on the early airplanes with open cockpits used castor based oils. if a pilot open his mouth he was in BIG trouble ! castor oil is a laxative... a lot of the modern synthetic oils today mimic the oil of yesterday's castor bean. good stuff !!