Ratty seat

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I'm only posting this here because the seat is a little ratty. I replaced my springer crusier seat (which sat a litte too close to the bars for my size) and replaced it with a seat from schwinn huricane. I like that I am sitting back farther but dang, no springs mean I feel every bump right in my rump. I'm also a little concerned about the struts sitting on the axle. I'll give it a few weeks and see if I get used to it. In the mean time I'll keep an eye out for some compression struts, if they exist.

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I know ratty does not just equate to functional only, but for now my banana seat mod with extra types of foam and just yellow taped to banana seat where it attaches help the trail bumps.

Width of the seat is also what is necessary to have greater surface area, but that will be later as I MIG weld some extra metal to each side by the back of the banana seat. That way I can still stand up on my foot pegs (no pedals for me) and the seat forward does not interfere when standing up on pegs is the only thing to do at times.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54926&page=2 see pic at post 16

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I remember seeing one like that with springs that make it look like motorcycle shocks. I've been digging to find something like it, but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it.