Hard to start my Huasheng

GoldenMotor.com

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
It takes about 15-20 pulls to cold start my Huasheng engine with the choke, once its running it runs great.

Brand new NGK plug.
Fresh 87 octane gas
I did a recent Valve adjustment but that made no difference.

Im confused why she is so difficult to start... :-||

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
I never had one of these yet am waiting to buy my 49cc!

Try 1-2 pulls full choke, then try moving it. Even harder to start? Might be your carb

How did your old plug look? Lean?

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
runs just fine when running though ???

okay well try this gently pull the cord 2 times with it off then turn it on and give it a solid pull usualy helps for a first time pull starts on my bikes .

is this a rear mount HS

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
I appreciate the help.

Okay thanks everyone when i get back from my vacation i will look into the carburetor. I live in CA so i have to deal with the (E10) Oxygenated gasoline.

Its mounted in the center of a 26 inch beach cruiser.

Spark plug is golden brown and i jetted the main jet to 0.74 because with 0.73 it bogged really badly.

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
Okay guys so i cleaned and gapped the spark plug. My performance exhaust from agk came in the mail today so i installed it and now i have more bottom end power and it starts in two pulls cold. The stock exhaust mustve been clogged with carbon.

Thanks everyone!

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
dont need choke grab the throttle and give it a 1/4 turn and then pull start it it should fire up after 5 pulls.. remember these engines are pulling in fuel..so it takes a few pulls

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
i should start a new post, don,t know how or where to do it, nothing on this site says where to write a new post,so have to follow someone else with a similar problem, this is an update. hi its me again mirage, just installed a brand new 4 stroke huasheng, it will not run no matter what i do, the new standard h/s carb would not work, won,t pull fuel into the engine, so put on a new Nt CARB still will not run. new spark plug, and new cdi with the engine, just re adjusted the tappets, ie valve lashings. found the inlet was 8 thou and th ex. 10 thou. still would not start, will start reluctantly with easy start sprayed in the carb,for a few secs, cleaned and checked the carb and jets, raised the needle one notch, stiil will not suck fuel in. does the main jet need to be bigger? looks the same as the h/s jet. my old engine would always start first time from cold, never needed the choke with the standard h/s carb, thought things would be simple with an NT carb. this is mission impossible trying to get this engine going. all new what more can one do????

Last edited:

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
woopee!!!!! got it going, went out today got some fresh unleaded petrol. drained the carb, filled my tempory fuel pipe larger reinforced plastic pipe about six inches. pulled the starter cord, fired first pull. never did i think it was this simple. but there was other issues to go with it. however when i compared the old petrol with the new. the new was like pure white wine. the old was yellow like pee. don,t know how it got like that, or got contaminated. but that was why it died on me in the first place, i assume, may have been bad from the garage. but it was running fine. New lesson learned.

but the valves where set wrong, due to the rocker screw stripping. so when i have tried the new engine and nt carb out. and when i have had a break. i will try and put the old engine back together with a new rocker arm and some. pure clear petrol. what a lot of hassle. thanks for your time guys. still cant believe fuel was 75% of the problem. bye

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
I recently was riding home after work and my chain completely snapped, I immediately pulled over turned the engine off and went and got my chain off the street. It was crazy cause it literally snapped a link and not master link. So peddled myself 10 miles home. Whew!

I have a Huasheng 49cc 4 stroke, then since the chain snapped and I don't even have 50 miles on bike yet. So decided to adjust the valves now since, it was bogging down on full throttle but would be smooth at about 75% throttle.

Took the valve top off, moved the piston to highest point then went to adjust the valves the intake was easy but the exhaust valve seemed stuck to tight. I tried all ways of loosening it and it wouldn't loosening up at all. I then put the NGK 7 spark plug back in tightened down everything and even took the carb off with SBP air filter cleaned everything really well, made sure the jet wasn't clogged or anything put it all back together.

I then proceeded to go take it for a test ride and seemed my pull start was super loose like almost way to easy to pull, it would retract fine. I tried putting some starting fluid in carb area and still nothing, changed spark plug back to original and same thing would turn over. Removed the pull start to check seems everything is fine minus how loosely the flywheel turns without any pressure. Last night I opened the valve top again to see if I could get the exhaust valve to adjust and still stuck really tight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix/repair? I'm going to contact the supplier I got the engine from and see about returning it. But more than likely anticipating they won't.

fishingis

Dec 14, 2016
Hawaii
Sounds like you have a stuck valve,if you are useing ethanol fuel this will gum up the exhust valve. You will need to take apart the motor to drop the valve and clean the gum and carbon out of the v seat,and mabe a new valve,,Fishingis:-||