what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Took a nice relaxing e-ride around town, watched the kids playing, folks out raking leaves and walking dogs, the confused looks of other bikers as I went by w/o pedaling - :)

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I'm using Silver Solder and if I remember right the only way to work harden copper is pound on it or bend it. The heat used to Silver Solder it will anneal the copper if I'm not wrong.

How would you do this if you had to make an intake then?
I think the silver solder will work just fine. A while back EVERYONE was saying, SILVER SOLDER IT, Or weld it.
Anyway, I just made a side draft intake for a customer and it worked great. It's here:http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=441289&highlight=side+draft+intake#post441289, post#4605
fatdaddy.
AND BLAKE IS RIGHT. Always wear safety glasses.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Right on Dracoman, and you were unblinded enough to post pics, wow, you must be smarter than they think... kickass... Let us know how she runs, if they can quit bickering long enough for the rest of us to hear you to fire it up.

Good job man.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I broke my hand the other day riding my honda cr250. so today i switched the throttle lever to the left side of my bike and went for a ride. couldnt go to fast cause i only have one hand right now..but it was fun..like always!
Oh man 2Stroker, that ain't fun. Hope ya heal up fast and well.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Finished the second flange for the new intake.

More pictures in the Wasp build of the intake, see link below.
Lookin good drac. Now, Silver solder the HE!! out of it, file it down smooth and it'll look like a factory job. Leave the solder just a little thick for support, just smooth it some. LOOKS GOOD.
fatdaddy.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Installed some pedals with straps. They were given to me by a member here. They are from an exercise bike, but thankfully they bolted right up. I like the straps because my feet wont slide off if my shoes are wet or something. I used to have metal ones and my feet never slid off of them, but one broke. I bought some new ones at Wallyworld, but they are plastic and my foot slid off of them the first time I used them.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Got some propane for the garage heater and worked on the bike a little. Changed the goose neck out and test fitted the front fender.

Edit: I also got the original kick stand to move and work, but now because of the smaller wheel in the back it is to long.

Attachments

Last edited:

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

The other day was outside letting my bike idle and checking for leaks when an older dude I had seen riding around on a beach cruiser with seriously wild ape hangers before came up to me and made chit chat about my bike and the few he's built, really interesting cool old dude. Anyways as he's leaving he turns around and says that he has a set of old fenders laying around and if I wanted them they were mine,score! I had actually been looking for a rear fender for a while but never hit the right deal.

I only mounted the rear one after a little modification, and I didn't like the look of front one so I left it off.
I also picked up a sweet leather seat at the swap meet today for $30. Here's some pics

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Cool IK! Bet that guy is gonna be a wealth of knowledge!

Seat looks awesome.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

Yea I bet he will, wish I knew where he lived he said he had a shed full of old bike parts haha

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

went for a ride with my buddy yesterday and we were taking random lefts and rights out here in the middle of nowhere and we came upon this street...hope this makes yall laugh...

Attachments

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.

That's a good pic. Yesterday - went up to store - while ridding, sudenly felt like I broke an axle, or a spoke, so I took it easy and made it back home from store.
Today, I just pedaled it to store so I could see, and the wheel would push over to one side every time that I tourqued so I come home , fire up the heater in gar, got my tools , put on my coveralls, went out there and found out that all it was , was a loose wheel nut.

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida

Installed my new throttle, kill switch and exhaust and finally fired up the engine after it has sit unused for about 9 months. It was good to hear it going, but the sitting hasn't been kind and I think I need to clean the carb to get the idling issues resolved...

All in all, I am getting close to taking it out for a ride, but I stiill have to:
install the pedals
hook up and tension two chains
change the oil
tidy up the wiring
tighten all the bolts

Attachments

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Installed my new throttle, kill switch and exhaust and finally fired up the engine after it has sit unused for about 9 months. It was good to hear it going, but the sitting hasn't been kind and I think I need to clean the carb to get the idling issues resolved...

All in all, I am getting close to taking it out for a ride, but I stiill have to:
install the pedals
hook up and tension two chains
change the oil
tidy up the wiring
tighten all the bolts
Tell me it ain't so. You let that sweet lookin thing sit for 9 months? I woulda went crazy.
fatdaddy.

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida

Tell me it ain't so. You let that sweet lookin thing sit for 9 months? I woulda went crazy.
fatdaddy.
I retired my schwinn craig's list bike (see build thread in sig) and bought a Felt Propaganda. It took a while to get the tank and powdercoating done. Then I spent a long time trying to make a Monark fork work on the frame, then I switched to a Felt Abraham Linkage fork and then I moved... Finally getting close to having my new ride... a ride!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I retired my schwinn craig's list bike (see build thread in sig) and bought a Felt Propaganda. It took a while to get the tank and powdercoating done. Then I spent a long time trying to make a Monark fork work on the frame, then I switched to a Felt Abraham Linkage fork and then I moved... Finally getting close to having my new ride... a ride!
Congratulations. But I still don't see how you went this long without riding.
fatdaddy.