what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

fatdaddy,
That's why I have gone to riding on three wheels. No more jumping up saying I'm alright, it just a scratch when large pieces of skin are missing..
Now it would be lying there hoping someone called 911 and they were on thier way.

Glad you made it out of the wreck okay and hope you are healing up quickly.

Steve.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

fatdaddy,
That's why I have gone to riding on three wheels. No more jumping up saying I'm alright, it just a scratch when large pieces of skin are missing..
Now it would be lying there hoping someone called 911 and they were on thier way.

Glad you made it out of the wreck okay and hope you are healing up quickly.

Steve.
Thanks bro, I was just feeling a little better from my first dump, (my fault,) then did it again, (sabotage I think.)
I do have a three wheeler. It's a recumbent tadpole trike. The top speed is just under 30mph and my two wheeler does 35mph, so if I'm going a distance I ride my big bike. The 3 wheeler rides real low so traffic has a hard time seeing me. I put a light on top of a pole with a flag and a tail light flasher high on the pole to help, but it's still dangerous to ride. FUN AS H*LL, but dangerous. I'll try a pic of it to show you. Hope it comes out right.
fatdaddy. AKA Crashdaddy.

Attachments

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

ha me n my girl were just riding here today, on our pit bikes though since she got me a chain for my bday yesterday. were you there today? if so im surprised we didnt see you, we past through around 230 and again around 300...

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

ha me n my girl were just riding here today, on our pit bikes though since she got me a chain for my bday yesterday. were you there today? if so im surprised we didnt see you, we past through around 230 and again around 300...

Yeah I was there today, I think I went around noon

But I was there for an hour or so

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Did some stuff to the carb yesterday. Played with the float some more, set the e-clip to the middle position, and pulled the bowl vent tube.

Pulling the vent seems to have made the biggest difference, I didn't have enough daylight left for a ride but I took it down the street and it seems I don't have to use my choke anymore to get up to speed.

w00t!

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

lol
Just saw this.
How do you have your exhaust mounted? I am afraid to take mine off road since my exhaust is currently hanging out...

I actually need to tighten it up, I just hope I haven't messed up the studs. I will likely get a strap for it today (finally).

Also, it sounds like your clutch is slipping a bit.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

lol
Just saw this.
How do you have your exhaust mounted? I am afraid to take mine off road since my exhaust is currently hanging out...

I actually need to tighten it up, I just hope I haven't messed up the studs. I will likely get a strap for it today (finally).

Also, it sounds like your clutch is slipping a bit.
I have it mounted stock (between the pedals)... I have it secured at the engine and to the frame though - too much vibration not to

Is the whining noise the clutch? If it is the change in engine rpm's you're referring to then it's just the jackshaft changing gears

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico

A few days ago I was running my bike and suddenly the chain got out, try to mount but I noticed that was bent I put a new one, I did something I read here to look from the back to see if the chain align with the sprocket and was misaligned,check around to see what was wrong,and imagine what I found?"the frame broke"I leave two pictures so you can see where it broke and advise me which is the best way to weld this area and Thanks

Attachments

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I have it mounted stock (between the pedals)... I have it secured at the engine and to the frame though - too much vibration not to

Is the whining noise the clutch? If it is the change in engine rpm's you're referring to then it's just the jackshaft changing gears
I got a strap for mine, a little too big. GAH!!

Yeah, it sounded like the clutch to me, I know the difference between a gear shift and the clutch whining. ;)
Then again, I've never heard mine since I have an open exhaust.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!
That little bit of carb tuning I did has greatly improved ridability. I don't have to turn the choke on to get more fuel now. It 4 strokes a bit a full throttle but it's not bad. Hit 39 mph yesterday downhill. :eek:

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

Yeah, it sounded like the clutch to me, I know the difference between a gear shift and the clutch whining. ;)
Then again, I've never heard mine since I have an open exhaust.
So what would be other signs that my clutch needs adjustment/ replaced parts?

unhinged69

Nov 1, 2012
Australia

i removed the dynamic chain tensioner .and replaced it with a plain roller and took it for a 42 kilometer run exellent fun good time for thinking out there on ure own ..music blasting through earphones drowns out all other noise and a good selection of music too

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Seems that nobody here knows welding? because no comments on my post.

Some times questions get buried or over looked GRs. Some great welders here who I am sure would enjoy questions.

I personally missed it, can you post a link?