chopper

GoldenMotor.com

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
I'd keep plenty of headsets on hand for that design. The bicycle ones aren't designed to handle that type of leverage. Handling is an important aspect of bike design and I am not sure that one looks like it would do well outside of a straight line. Do some research on head angle, rake and trail and as you go along try and refine your work as it looks like you have the skills. Your customer base will help you to decide what is best for you to make also.

Stay at it.

matt murawski

Mar 6, 2009
mesa,az
Thank you very much for your input,it is not "that" bad in a turn but in a staght line it is a very nice ride,Thank you once again for your input,,,Mattlworider1

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Looks nice, a little scary though. I would say if you want to sell just cutom bikes the buyers will be limited in this economy. Seems no one want's to pay much for anything. At least for a while anyway.
I charge about 1/4 of what machine shop rates would be and people still look at me like i'm crazy sometimes.

John

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
I admire the work that John (retmachinist) has done and listen to his advice closely.

In a straight line it looks like a lot of fun to ride..bf.

Doug

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
what is the length of the seat tube between the backbone and the crank housing? If I didn't see an engine in there, I wouldn't have thought that one would fit.