Ok Guys ...... HELPPPPPPPPPP ................

GoldenMotor.com

Gr8lite

Jan 24, 2012
Maine
Please be patient with me I am still trying to get this all figured out.
I have very good mechanical skills and a very shop at my disposal (lathes, welders, surface grinder) and waaaay too many "good" ideas!

I will be using a Dyno Glide Deluxe w/ a springer as my base.

Here are a couple of the specific things I believe I am looking for:

Centrifugal clutch

Pull start / recoil ( really a kicker,I wish)

60 - 90 cc engine

machined hub to sprocket adapter

Front disc brake

Ant thoughts or suggestions on my above shopping list ?

I am actually considering modifying the frame to a semi drop belly style in order to get a straighter alignment from engine to rear sprocket and to also lower the center of gravity as much as possible. I will also be welding in a engine mounting plate for structure and ease of alignment.
Has anyone used rubber "iso" mounts on their engine to reduce vibration?

Thanks to all , sorry for the long rambling ...............

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Well piratecycles1.com has some sprocket adapters that fit certain hubs. What sort of engine are you thinking of getting? There's a number of high quality and powerful motors at 50cc that are much stronger than the chinese kit happy time engines that are 66cc. 4 stroke or 2 stroke? A lot of the other higher quality engines have built in centrifugal clutches. I think.

As for the kick start, you could most certainly adapt the pull start to a kick start. Just remove the rope mechanism and replace it with a springed kick thing, plenty on ebay. With all your tools and knowledge at your disposal im sure you can figure out a way to do it. What I do is kick start my engine by lifting the back wheel off the ground and punch the pedals with my leg.

Another way is to adapt or make some kind of jackshaft system that is tied to a crank that you can kick start it. Maybe get the sickbikeparts shift kit and on the engine sprocket side fabricate another sprocket mountin panel that you can push into the chain and pull out on the fly to kick start it that way? I dunno, with the tools and know how you can make anything happen

Gr8lite

Jan 24, 2012
Maine
I was thinking 2 stroke......." There's a number of high quality and powerful motors at 50cc that are much stronger than the chinese kit happy time engines that are 66cc."
Do tell ............ I certainly love the sound of that!

A kicker would really only be nostalgic...... pull start will certainly do the job just fine.

Thanks Much ! !

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well gosh!
If you have a full service shop at your disposal, there are endless possibilities!

...How abt gather up a chinagirl kit and assemble a nice little runner to have some fun with for a while, and put it up for sale.

With this method you can take care of any number of 'birds in that bush' with a single stone. :)
1) u will have lots of fun.
2) u will learn 1st hand why we all have a love/hate chinagirl relationship.
3) u will REALLY want to get a morini, or a 4 stroke.
4) ur wife will be happy happy to see you sell it off and possibly make a few bucks (which you can put towards ur next improved project).

BTW, welcome aboard! :)
rc

Colby

Jan 29, 2012
calgary ab canada
Thanks for the welcome. To be honest I have NEVER, EVER joined a forum. I don't do Facebook or much else but ride, break, curse, fix, and ride on a china kit. It is on a junk ridget frame with studded tires for winter riding. Gonna build an Electra Cruser for the summer. As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I will.