Muffler end cap gone..

GoldenMotor.com

fume555

Aug 24, 2008
Dallas,TX
Now I know why my bike is so damn loud lol. It's cause the muffler cap is gone. Every time I ride people always stare, it's funny lol. There's a huge hole at the end of my muffler where the tip should be. Is there a way to improvise from scratch and create a new tip or maybe I can buy the tip seperately at an auto store? I don't wanna hafta buy a whole nother muffler.

also is it normal for me to be getting 50mpg on an 80cc kingsmotorbikes.com engine? is there a tune-up I can do to increase power and mileage? I cruise at around 20-25 mph and my mileage still low. :/

My engine is breaking-in just great. I'm at around 100 miles and I notice smoother engine rpm, more torque, higher speeds such as 33mph (estimate). Here in Dallas, you gotta have balls of steel to drive a low-speed vehicle on the main roads (40mph). I just stick to the farthest right I can and just cruise feeling the wind blow thru my shirt and hair. I've had some encounters with crazy ass drivers holding their horn for like 5 seconds flat right in my ear. You just gotta drive extra careful because you're on a bike and you have less protection in an accident. Drive defensively and you should be okay.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
hehe, mine fell off about 2 weeks ago...luckily i heard the noise difference and stopped and went back and picked mine up with my leather gloves.

a welding broke, and so my neighbor used his stick welder to reattach it

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Now I know why my bike is so damn loud lol. It's cause the muffler cap is gone. Every time I ride people always stare, it's funny lol. There's a huge hole at the end of my muffler where the tip should be. Is there a way to improvise from scratch and create a new tip or maybe I can buy the tip seperately at an auto store? I don't wanna hafta buy a whole nother muffler.

also is it normal for me to be getting 50mpg on an 80cc kingsmotorbikes.com engine? is there a tune-up I can do to increase power and mileage? I cruise at around 20-25 mph and my mileage still low. :/
Did you notice an increase in speed with the tip off?

Anyway, are you getting 50 miles per tank or actually 50 per gal?
Check your spark plug. Remove it and you should see a brownish color on the tip. Black is too rich and white is too lean. Check for fuel leaks. The float on the carb sometime sticks and fuel starts to overflow in the bowl. Check to see if the screw for the fuel line into your carb is tight. You may also be losing fuel when it splashes in the tank. The gas caps are not all that great with keeping fuel in the tank. Try these first and see if they improve your mileage. 50 mpg is not a good sign for the motor. I find at break in, I usually get around 80 mpg.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Is that 50 miles per tank? I get anywhere from 45-60 miles in a tank depending on how hard I ride and the terrain that I am ridding in.

fume555

Aug 24, 2008
Dallas,TX
It's 50 miles per gallon. :/ I get maybe 30 miles per tank if I'm lucky. What could possibly be causing this gut wrenching problem? The reason I bought a motor kit was for the 150mpg it said.