Just looking for an opinion from bicycle lovers out there!

GoldenMotor.com

Do you think ADDICTED should be considered a "green" company?

• Total voters

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
page used for example;
....................ADDICTED BICYCLES.................. - Restored Men's Huffy 18 speed Mountain Bike.

Coupla thoughts if ya don't mind 'em, "Huffy" immediately calls to mind "Walmart" which many know a Huffy can be gotten new for less than your asking price. While we know what you're selling isn't a Cranbrook - they don't know the difference, "wow" them with specifics like make and model in the title and throw out as many specifications as possible, weight, number of gears, derailleur brand(s) brake type & brand, wheel size & type, etc. - if ya can find an original ad or site with alla info, grab it. The more correct and relevant info you can provide equates with "attention to detail" and is a selling point for repair/restorations.

While you've taken detail shots of the bike that "has been completely restored" - there's no direct link or album associated with the Huffy you're spotlighting, so it can be confusing when you're looking at the 'Product Page' and the bike in the album is a different color. Part of this may be a limitation of the software, but another thing you can do if you're limited to one pic on the product page is have a shot with a before on one side and an after on the other, requiring photoshop or other photo manip software ofc. The pics are also a lil small, but I'm assuming that's a site limitation.

Other than that it looks far more professional than many I've seen, nice job man!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Some excellent points BA. TY. If ya don't mind, I am gonna use them as well.

Just found out they are giving me an extra stop at work. (Actually, I am a stipend-ed volunteer truck driver for meals on wheels but deliver to schools) Having an extra 2 hours to kill between my regular run and this added stop I am gonna open a road side MB stand. The truck I drive has an empty compartment that a bike fits in perfectly. Kinda cool, I MB to work. Throw the bike in the back and off I go. Will report if this works.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
No worries Dan, I've a vested interest in this topic 'cause of my day job :p

It's sweet that ya can find a way to mix in MBs w/yer work... best I can do (other than commuting ofc) is sneak onto the forum frm time to time heh *ninjastyle*

By "road side MB stand" doya mean sellin' them? MB and/or bicycle repair? All of the above?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
More a sales outlet. Hand out biz cards and brochures, show the MB sort of thing, is what I am thinking.

Just another thought is keep a MB on your car/truck on a bike carrier with a sign to your web page. Really helps sales. mall and supper market parking lots, just doing regular errand stuff do really well. Driving around too.

I worry I some times sound money oriented. I'm really not and a joke between TS and I is "2 monkies selling bananas. (so we can build more and cooler bananas)

Skip Haynes | You Can't Sell Bananas With A Monkey On Your Back | CD Baby

This is funny and way off topic...
Monkeys, Bananas and Sales Management

Attachments