Schwinn experts needed!

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Check out what I scored yesterday, I cant find a vin number but its in great shape so tell me what you think, I know I got a good deal since I only paid $26! But can anyone tell the year? or How much it might be worth?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The #s are either under the head badge or on the rear drop out.
Post 'em & I can tell you the day it was made.

Just by looking at it, where I'm from it's worth about $250. - $300 easy!

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
You guys are weird.... Maybe its just a generation thing, but as far back as I can remember, if you had a bike that had a banana seat or anything that looked like those silly beach cruisers that everyone is buying today, you were made fun of, or worse.....

I couldn't see paying more than 20 bucks for that bike, and that was if I knew a little girl to give it to. Now if you found a GT performer with front and rear pegs.....

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
See I'm only 26 and I truly appreciate the classic Schwinn stingray. A boy having a bike was pure freedom, the stingray was a boys version of a muscle car (muscle bike). They were hopped up, big wheel in back and small in front just like muscle cars, some had shifters, some had springer forks like motorcycles. I'm sorry I totally have to disagree with you, when I look at a vintage stingray it makes me think of a 69 Fastback Mustang, or a 68 Camero SS. I understand the GT performer thing since I was once into that but IMO those bikes cant touch A Schwinn Stingray

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
You guys are weird.... Maybe its just a generation thing, but as far back as I can remember, if you had a bike that had a banana seat or anything that looked like those silly beach cruisers that everyone is buying today, you were made fun of, or worse.....

I couldn't see paying more than 20 bucks for that bike, and that was if I knew a little girl to give it to. Now if you found a GT performer with front and rear pegs.....
Yes, the banana seat bikes from the 70's were made fun of back then. But we all secretly wanted to ride one. They were the choppers of bikes. Only the outlaw kids rode them. The 1%ers.

Ha ha. Just imagine it with a regular seat. It's cool to be different.

.shft.

chrisE

Mar 1, 2010
san pedro,ca. U.S.A.

i know what your talking about with the banana seat ( i was an avid bmxr back in the 80s) but now its vintage enough to be cool, also if you really want to appreciate this bike you have to know the history of bmx in that this bike was the first OG bmx. stingrays were modified to be the first bmx bikes. i think we are in somewhat of the wrong forum for this for more info try Welcome to BMXMUSEUM.com of which i am a member of too (same user name chrisE) and you will find more info and alot of pix (it is first a gallery, forum second web site). also for us motorbikers you might find parts there that may set your rides apart from the rest. btw 26 bucks was definitely a steal if it is in unrestored condition with original parts which it seems to be it could fetch even more, upwards of 500 bucks, so dont do anything to it dont add (unless its correct for that bike) paint, or remove just let it be. wish i came across a bike like that for 26 bucks, well that was my 2 cents.......

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
i know what your talking about with the banana seat ( i was an avid bmxr back in the 80s) but now its vintage enough to be cool, also if you really want to appreciate this bike you have to know the history of bmx in that this bike was the first OG bmx. stingrays were modified to be the first bmx bikes. i think we are in somewhat of the wrong forum for this for more info try Welcome to BMXMUSEUM.com of which i am a member of too (same user name chrisE) and you will find more info and alot of pix (it is first a gallery, forum second web site). also for us motorbikers you might find parts there that may set your rides apart from the rest. btw 26 bucks was definitely a steal if it is in unrestored condition with original parts which it seems to be it could fetch even more, upwards of 500 bucks, so dont do anything to it dont add (unless its correct for that bike) paint, or remove just let it be. wish i came across a bike like that for 26 bucks, well that was my 2 cents.......
Dont worry nothing will change on this bike and yes It is all original down to the tires. If I did anything it would only decrease the value. Only thing it needs is a tube in the front tire. $26 was a steal and Im sure I will never come across a deal like that again. I love it.