respoke or open wallet?/ clubs

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
any body have any advise on respoking? of course as the biggest (read as fat) guy in our club ive had some spoke issues .
have seen the post re: husky rims and was wondering if respoking my current rims is the way to go or if it's just better to buy a new hd wheel?
i have replaced broken spokes but never built a wheel from scratch , sound like quite a project .

with IL about to go "legal" we have had a few people stoping us to see about joining up!
shop dogs have two new members from last week and a few guys still on the fence.
so maybe this should be it's own thread, but any other clubs out there? SHOW YOUR COLORS!

.flg.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Most bike shops sell those heavy duty steel cruiser wheels with the fat spokes in them... I think the spokes are 12 gauge??
Those are plenty strong!!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I agree With VB. You would be better off just buying a heavy Duty wheel, with the heavy spokes. Other wise you would need to buy, the heavy rim, the spokes, and a trueing stand. It could get awfully costly and definitly time consuming. It can be a real pain in the butt laceing a wheel if it is your first time.

John