Hello From Gainesville, Fl

GoldenMotor.com

JCHIGGINS

Mar 24, 2009
Gainesville
Hello, I a complete noob: and need the motorbike gods to smile on me.rd.
Please help. I need new parts. Can I get new parts through swap shop or are they just used? I mixed my 2 cycle gas too lean and burnt up my cylender head and my rings. I think my piston is fine but I'm not sure. Where can I buy NEW parts for my 49cc 2 stroke motor bike. I also need a tension arm plastic adjustment thingy because I tightened my too much and striped the threads on the screw. Any feedback from the Big Dogs will be greatly appreciated.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
they have heads,pistons,rings and other parts. $20-30+ shipping
GasBike - Cylinder Parts

and if you stripped your screw/bolt just get another bolt at the hardware store(take the old one with you.i think you need 2.

most of the time the parts at the swapshop are used but some are new.

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Hey... more local riders!! Welcome to the forum. I'm also in Gainesville, FL (NW). You can PM me and I'll give you a call.

JCHIGGINS

Mar 24, 2009
Gainesville
Hey... more local riders!! Welcome to the forum. I'm also in Gainesville, FL (NW). You can PM me and I'll give you a call.
Thanks for the lead to the parts site Cabinfever1977 and thanks Gainesville Bikers. RedB66 it is me Dave. You built my bike for me. Thanks a million man. Once I went through the first gallon, it really opened up like you said it would. I was hitting 40mph. No major problems till now. I should of listened to you cause I mixed the gas too lean. I was aiming for 20:1 but I know my calculations were off and now I am paying dearly. I'm ordering new parts today from the awesome link above: it is just what I needed And thank you too Ray. I need all the help I can get. Here is a picture of the bike Red built for me. It rocks!dance1

Attachments

JCHIGGINS

Mar 24, 2009
Gainesville
The statue in Florida, as far as know, from what Ive been told, is as long as it is motor assisted (having pedals) you may ride on the street if it is under 80 cc. I was pulled over once cause I was in the left lane waiting for the cop and other cars to pass so I could take a left. Well he pulled a U-eee and stopped me. He said you can't ride that in the street. I said well I can't ride it on the sidewalk either. He thought for a second and said no I guess not. I replied I guess I just bought this for nothing. He was kinda stumped. Then I lied and said, " I looked up the statue online and it read under 80cc motor ASSISTED is OK" He said, "Well' I'm gonna check with the department attorney and send out a memo. Never heard from him on the memo. Now I just cross the street while pedaling and going a little slow. I see cops all the time and they just look. I try to take routes with a bike lane just to be safe.

Last edited: