MogollonMonster and Tanglebones, 2000 miles later.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Well, the last time I posted here was a few months ago, just before a 400 mile trip from Snowflake to Pheonix AZ, and back. Tanglebones ran just fine, did a good job of pulling the long grades, even with the 44t sprocket.
Lost my master link shortly after coming home, which put me afoot since late February. I've now got two chains and a half dozen spare master links. Waiting on good weather so can get outside and work on the bike, I've got a 56t sprocket to install, and a new, longer, chain to go with it. That'll make the hills easier.

On a unhappy note, my velocar project has been canceled for the foreseeable future. While I was out of town, my house was robbed. They got most of my tools, including my welder. Luckily, my guns are kept in my boss's vault, and thus were safe, unlike much of my reloading gear, and powder stores. On a momentary level, I've lost about ten grand in tools and such. That does not take into account sentimental value of certain items, like my grandaddy's bow, or my mother's medicine bag.
Back to a lighter stuff...
Just sold a Heritage .22 revolver for about three times what it's worth. I'll be putting the money towards one of all time favorite firearms, a North American Arms mini revolver. I've owned several in the past, and can't wait for the next one. Check out their website, fellow mechanophiles, lots of cool stuff.
For those who won't be googleing them, the .22Magnum weighs 7.9oz loaded, and is less than four inches overall. This makes them a perfect bicycle gun, for fending off both four, and, two legged strays, and in a pinch, it'll feed you. With practice, a two inch group at 25 feet is possible, despite a barrel less than two inches long.

Any who, it's been busy the last few months, lots of stuff going on. Looking into a few business ventures that may be promising, also been a lot going on at my little water company, cleaning my 100,000 gallon holding tanks, getting inspections, busy busy.

How fare my brethren abroad, the motorbicyclists of the world?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Sorry bout your tweeker invasion. Sucks... I have 2 of those NAA 22Mags. Fantastic little pistols! Looks like a set of keys in your front pocket. Or maybe some spare change. Not immediatly lethal but WAY better than an aluminum baseball bat :)

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
i just got a heritage 22 (LR version) a couple weeks ago as a gift. it's a cool "old school looking" gun, but loading/unloading is a PITA. i like my 9mm clips much better.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
sorry to hear about your being robbed too, you should get some dogs.
an intruder here is gonna beg for a mercy shot after about 5 minutes with them...
although, to be honest, i would probably make them beg longer than that.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Actually, I have dogs... The young one is a twenty pound pug dachshund mix, the big one is a twelve year old Queensland heeler, husky. Both were out if town with me when it happened, that's the only way my house can be robbed.

The heritage is a decent piece, just doesn't hold up to holster wear and has no value retention. I like single action just fine, and any thing over nine mil, I have a deep seated visceral hate for that cartridge. I did find my heritage 22 to be quite accurate, but at more than five pounds, it has no comfortable place, while on the bike, hence the NAA mini revolver, same pop, much smaller package.

quik225

Aug 13, 2011
Eustis FL
I had a NAA combo with both 22lr and 22mag cylinders, 1.125" barrel.
I only shot 22lr out of it, all I can say is with the 1.125" barrel, it's LOUD. I sold it with the idea to buy the 22lr version, with the shorter frame, and I wanted the belt buckle holster and the holster grip to go with it. Before I bought the 22lr, I came across a new S&W MP22 Compact I couldn't say no to.

KevininPa

Mar 25, 2016
PA
Did you ever get your Mini? The wife and I have Black Widows with the folding grips. Grips are great for carry and use. Would like to get a Sidewinder with a four inch barrel with a folding grip for a " kit" gun. Handy little devils indeed. Sorry about your break-in. It's not just the loss of material stuff, it also knocks your faith in humanity down a little more due to the invasion of your private space.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
No mini yet, had some dental issues pop up, which ate the savings... But, summer is upon us, and money flows better in the heat, so I'm sure I'll have my wasp soon.