Well, looks like I won't be riding anymore

GoldenMotor.com

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
As the title implies, I won't be riding anymore any time soon. My first build was stolen from my complex this weekend. (here's the build thread if you are interested in pics and progress http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54771&page=2)

What really makes me mad is that I was just about to have some free time to register it, and hadn't recorded the serial number yet.

Didn't really have a ton of money in it. Just about 250, but had a lot of blood sweat, and good old father son bonding in it. It was a summer project for my dad and I and we had a great time. I'm not enthused about it being gone (to say the least).

If anyone is in Santa Maria, California, I guess keep an eye out for it, but it seemed like they knew what they were doing, all my locks were cut very cleanly, and with how unique the bike was, if they have ANY brains at all, they've stripped it by now.

With that, I say goodbye to my bike, unless I see it pop up on craigslist any time soon. (no luck yet)

Signing off,

Beard

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hearing this kind of thing drives me nuts, they probably sold it for fifty bucks worth of drugs. I hope you find it.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Oh man ,that sux .
Bloody druggies and their thieving nature ,enough for a man to completely lose it and cause some serious body damage, and a build you did with your father IMHO is more valuable than the bike will ever be ,sentimentality hurts when it's taken away from you .

I'm sorry to hear she is gone mate ,wish I could try help in some way but living in Au it's very hard to do so .

I do however occasionally visit a few overseas trading sights ,I will be sure to keep my eyes open .

I still reckon the shock alarm idea posted on an earlier thread is a great idea ,burn their arses to the ground

Mongrels

Best of luck and wishes that she will return

Kindest regards Henshoter in Australia

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
"If anyone is in Santa Maria, California, I guess keep an eye out for it, but it seemed like they knew what they were doing, all my locks were cut very cleanly, and with how unique the bike was, if they have ANY brains at all, they've stripped it by now."

Don't forget, thieves and brains are often mutually exclusive. Where you find one, you rarely find the other.

Pawn shops.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
I remember your very fist post. I am from Santa Maria and will keep my eyes open for your bike. I have been in a wheelchair since Aug. and now relearning how to walk. I will PM you later today after my doctors appointment. You will ride again!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
One thing they can not steal is the memories you will have forever of building it with your father I lost my dad in 2005 He helped me build my 93 Mustang & I swear I had more fun working on it with him than the car itself & Id trade it for an hour with him today . On a second note I have my bike chained with a ships anchor chain the links are almost 1.5" thick so they will need a concrete saw to get it off

I also have a sign they cant miss if looking at my bike outside that says
"If you can see my bike chances are I have the cross hairs of my "Ole' Henry" 30/30 on the back of your head ..Is it worth it? ! Every one turns around & looks behind them then walks away !! I see it on my camera all the time I should upload a few.
Im sorry to hear about your bike! It really pisses me off as well

Last edited: