Hello from Philippines

GoldenMotor.com

KLM

May 13, 2014
Philippines
Hi Everyone!

New to this forum and I would like to learn more stuff and do some research before I build my first MoBike :)

Great Forum!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, KLM. You've come to the right place and we're glad you've joined us. We try hard to make building your first motorized bicycle a painless and rewarding experience. There is a world of experience here and advice is willingly offered. Some of your questions might be answered by using the 'search feature' but if you need specific help we're always here.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

Maybe you shouldn't wait too long to start building. Experience is the best teacher, after all. Once you know which engine/drive train you want, then go for it and use this forum as a resource.

Have fun.

KLM

May 13, 2014
Philippines
CUrrently I'm deciding which frame to use. I saw some vintage bikes (70s) in a vintage bike shop here in Manila. Once decided on which frame I'll start building :)
As of now only 2 engine available here in Manila. 50cc and 80cc 2 stroke. If I can't find a good drum brakes hubs/wheelset, I'll settle for 50cc engine and coaster hub for brake system.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Welcome to the club! I'd just like to toss another suggestion your way, if I may: Don't overlook engines from other sources. Both of my motorized bicycles run reliably on chainsaw engines. In this forum, there are also many bikes using weed whackers, leaf blowers, and assorted other engines.

These are typically very easy to come by here secondhand, either as engines or in their normal configurations. I have no idea what the availability of these things would be for you, but be on the lookout for other non typical power plants. The DIY section here is a great resource for ideas of that nature.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide!

r.ly.

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi KLM! I just joined myself this month. I've searched many MB forums for good info and I would have to agree that this is one of the better ones. I've been working on cars motorcycles for over 40 years. But building my first MB makes me feel like a toddler, it's a totally different thing. You need a whole new set of tools and knowledge. Both good things dance1
In a couple of weeks Ive learned an awful lot just reading these postings.
Anyways, welcome have funusflg