can anyone tell whats wrong with this poor kids bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I'd hope he got the problem resolved since the video was posted in March. One thing I did see that he was going to do that was wrong was the kill switch gets tied in with the black and blue wires to the CDI and not grounded to the muffler bolt.

There would be a lot less confusion in the kill switch hookup if they'd just have a double female bullet connector on the CDI wires and bullet connectors on the kill switch wires.

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
In the comments on that video he says he made that vid 2 years ago and he's already successfully built 2 motorbikes. If you run into any problems the forum guys here really know their stuff and can help with just about any problem. :)

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
wiring issues

In the comments on that video he says he made that vid 2 years ago and he's already successfully built 2 motorbikes. If you run into any problems the forum guys here really know their stuff and can help with just about any problem. :)
thanks for the reply though omega and everybody so far , I know its an old video but It looks like something an lot of people can run into. I should had named this thread wiring isssues . In which I did on the header of this post . It may help the next person including me. I have searched the forums every time once a day since I have come to this site , each time saving the last page of my search in my favorites so I can pick up where I left off at . I havent found many threads about wiring . Here is one. I will look for more information on wiring . Thank you , kicking http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50742

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This may help
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=19737

In short, unless you are going to be tapping some power from the magneto for something else just cap the white wire off and forget it.

As mentioned above all you need to do is short the Blue Hot wire and the Black Ground wire with a momentary button to kill the motor.

Important Note!
The regular kits with the plastic throttle mounts have no polarity on the button wires so which wire goes where doesn't matter, BUT on the nice Grubee GT1 and GT2 bikes with the metal throttle mounting bracket the bike ground is actually tied to the black kill button wire so you have to match them or your motor wires or it will never start.

(shameless plug)

The whole ignition system wiring sucks so I replace it all and add my keyswitch kit to everything I build.
It not only makes a slight performance improvement, it cleans everything up nice and adds a little security.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Try: Black to Black
Blue to Blue
Yellow to White
Green to engine. I drill a hole in front motor mound.DON"T DRILL INTO CASE.
Sheet metal screw to secure.
White wire can also be used a 6v 3w light.
Replace plug wire, cap and plug.
Good luck.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
This diagram has been posted numerous times.
thanks 2 door . i fianaly found it . but i found it in kill switch at the search , i was typing in wiring at the search and didnt see any diagram like this, this helps 100 and 10 % . Thank You ! it gos in my favs folder

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
didja guys read the comments? priceless...
yeah - people were being just plain mean ! seems utube could clean up just an tad to me . i hope such talk dont ever happen here . This is the best site on the web to me ! I dont know about anybody else , but I would hate to get booted from this site ? ( and I fail to see what oil would have to do with the problem ? )