Armadillo Tires

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I am beginning to get the idea that Armadillo tires are probably the best available for our bikes but I can't seem to find much by way of online dealers. Does anybody know of a good source for these tires? Also do they make them in 26 x 2.125? I'm thinking I would definitely like to get one at least for my rear tire since it is such a pain to change the rear tube when you get a flat. Thanks!

.trk

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
I am beginning to get the idea that Armadillo tires are probably the best available for our bikes but I can't seem to find much by way of online dealers. ....
I don't know the answers for the rest of your questions, but can answer one: Specialized is strictly brick-and-mortar-only sales. The manufacturer does not allow online sales at all.
~

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I was wondering the same thing. 3000 miles, thats a crap load on the same tire, i marked down my milage when i put mine on, ill keep it posted!!!

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I found a shop in town that sells amadillo tires, they are 26x1.95 but they are kinda pricy at 50 bucks a piece, the place is on Ina and shannon in Tucson

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
I've got a 2.125 rim. I doubt a 1.95 tire would fit.
2.125" is probably not the "width" of your rim, it's just a common tire size designation that the rim manufacturer chose to use.

If your rim can fit a 26" x 2.125" tire, then it can probably fit almost any decimal 26" tire you find--from the 1" wide Continental GPs up to the 2.5" wide MTB tires. (if the 2.5" tires will fit in your frame is entirely another question, tho'...)
~

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I took off my studded tires today and put on my Armidillos-i had them sold with a H.T. bike but traded labour for performance parts installation that i did--they have very little rolling resistance = faster.

jay sawdust

Aug 11, 2009
kauai,hawaii

I just put on these schawable "Fat franks"....saposed to be the same as "big apple" but with nastalgia treads....balloon tires W/kevlar belts....should last quite awhile...mine are 29"x2" cream reflex.....kinda pricey @ $50+ each...but look good.....Keep you posted if they remain trouble free.....J