Runnermike's Dyno Build

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well....time for a new build. I hope to have this one completed by summer. Oh, and thanks again DMB for the sweet frame!!

Bicycle:

Dyno frame
Marzocchi Drop off Triple Clamp Down Hill forks
DMR Revolver 20mm thru axle disc brake front hum
Dam Good Engineering dual disc rear hub
Wide pedal cranks from Pat @ SportsmanFlyer
Layback seat post from Pat @ SportsmanFlyer
Ghetto Bikes gas tank

Brakes:

Hydraulic Front w/ 203mm rotor
Mechanical Rear - will determine rotor later

Wheels and Tires:

Alex dx32 downhill wheels 36 spoke
10 or 11 gauge spokes - will drill wheel and hubs to accept larger spokes
CST Cyclops or Hookworm Tires

Powerplant:

212cc Predator
Billet Flywheel
Billet Rod
Possibly new cam??
Governor Removed
New Springs
Mikuni Carb and new intake manifold
Custom exhaust
Bully Clutch
Jackshaft - will figure out sprocket sizes later to get a good overall gear ratio

Most all parts I will fabricate at work and do most of the welding myself. Once everything is mocked up, I will disassemble bike and have it powder coated. I am still trying to settle on a color.

I will start posting pics soon. For the next two hours, I will be sitting at my computer closely monitoring the bidding war on the forks I want. I am currently the high bidder....wish me luck! Lol

Mike

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks like you are biilding a race bike?? Good luck on the forks ...as I place a bid....kidding so you sold the other bike? I guess I can see for myself in the swap shop.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nice..
those Dyno frames look like a Schwinn cruiser frame with a modern touch. I I would have taken some kind of metal shop in school.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
You got some kind of build going on I see. Might want to fit that motor in the frame before you dump all that cash Mike. The 212 valve cover is taller then the old 196 I put in a Dyno. The clearance was TIGHT....with a 196

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
You got some kind of build going on I see. Might want to fit that motor in the frame before you dump all that cash Mike. The 212 valve cover is taller then the old 196 I put in a Dyno. The clearance was TIGHT....with a 196
That is more of a wish list Jeff. Lol. I will fit the motor before I do anything. I know builds like this change and constantly evolve.

Is the headset 1 1/4"? I got 1.25 on my calipers. Will a 1 1/8" steerer tube work? Will I need a reducer?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is more of a wish list Jeff. Lol. I will fit the motor before I do anything. I know builds like this change and constantly evolve.

Is the headset 1 1/4"? I got 1.25 on my calipers. Will a 1 1/8" steerer tube work? Will I need a reducer?
My Dyno's head tubes measure 1-1/16". They are not a standard 1-1/8" that's for sure.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well.....this build and my motor biking are being put on hold. I was recently diagnosed with Stage IIIA colon cancer at the ripe old age of 37. I need to focus on my health and beating this thing. I will fight to bike another day!

Don't worry...I will still be lurking in the shadows...LOL!

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
So your next build is going to be a soft tail then? I kid, but seriously, I wish you the best in your fight. You've got a long trek up hill, stay strong and get well!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Surgery went well but treatment is kicking my butt. What sucks most is I'm away from home and my daughter. Hope to be back home by the 20th. I'm feeling positive though...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
So what did you do Scotto?
I used a 1-1/8" headset and turned down the cups as much as possible without making them too thin. Then I reamed out the head tube on both ends as much as possible and then pressed the cups in.

It took quite a bit of turning and reaming to get the headset to finally fit. There are easier ways I'm sure.....just ask Jeff Wolf ;)

Truly sorry to hear about the cancer, it's sounds like you're doing well and you are still young which is a plus. Hang in there bro, If I made it to 57, I'm hopeful you will as well. Both sides of my grandparents had deaths from this and similar cancers so I must be doomed :(

My skin cancer surgery went well for nine hours cutting and biopsy's 7 times. It's been 5 weeks and it looks like nothing ever happened.

A speedy, thorough recovery to you Mike.....you've got many miles ahead of you!

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
I used a 1-1/8" headset and turned down the cups as much as possible without making them too thin. Then I reamed out the head tube on both ends as much as possible and then pressed the cups in.

It took quite a bit of turning and reaming to get the headset to finally fit. There are easier ways I'm sure.....just ask Jeff Wolf ;)

Truly sorry to hear about the cancer, it's sounds like you're doing well and you are still young which is a plus. Hang in there bro, If I made it to 57, I'm hopeful you will as well. Both sides of my grandparents had deaths from this and similar cancers so I must be doomed :(

My skin cancer surgery went well for nine hours cutting and biopsy's 7 times. It's been 5 weeks and it looks like nothing ever happened.

A speedy, thorough recovery to you Mike.....you've got many miles ahead of you!
thoughts and prayers to both of you...stay strong....

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
this is the last we've seen from runner Mike, he was on the U.S. Olympic team he has a very young daughter, no wife. he was doing work in the E.U. and i hope he's their too busy to post here. i'll leave it at that but it seems we lost a good friend and a american hero.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys...I am still here. I read my original post and I guess when I was typing I was a little jittery and typed too many I's. I was diagnosed with stage I borderline II. I had surgery to remove the polyps and a very small section of my intestines. Thankfully, I did not require a stoma or a bag. They performed a type of an anastomosis where they reconnected my intestines. I had a little bit of chemo where they used leucovorin and followed up by a few radiation treatments. I did have to stay in the hospital until I regained full bowel functions. I am proud to say that I am cancer free, daughter is doing awesome, and my job is going great! I have had to make several life changes. I quit dipping Copenhagen, I now eat very healthy and watch what I eat, I have given up my beer, and just live a much cleaner lifestyle now. Thank you all for your concerns!

I do still have my dyno frame and I am looking forward to starting a new build very soon!