Bah!

GoldenMotor.com

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Just a little rant..

I go to pick up my old bike to work on for my buddy I sold it to and its sitting out in the rain!! Wtf?!

The throttle cable snapped inside the handle so I replaced it with the new SBP one I just bought for my build I'm doing now

The muffler broke off at the weld and was run over by a truck so Im putting my spare on it or might just weld a piece to the header and make a new one. Not sure yet.

And a spoke came undone along with a couple loose ones around it on the drive wheel

Last week I put on its third magneto because it got wet again and quit working

Im tired of fixing this bike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm there with you and feel your pain. I know the feeling.
I built a nice bike for my nephew and found it laying in his back yard, covered with snow and the engine seized because he ran it without oil.
I packed it up, brought it home and rebuilt the top end and sold the bike.

When you build a bike you put a little of yourself in it. Seeing your work abused and neglected can really pi$$ you off. My nephew hasn't spoken to me since. So be it.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I know the feeling, but as a repair shop rather than builder, at least I make some bucks when they come back after abusing it : )

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I totally feel your pain. It kills me to see the abuse my babies get after they leave the nest(shop)
Makes me wanna slap a female parental unit sexual act (motherhumper)
And getting to charge for the repairs only helps a little bit.

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Tom that would about make me cry if I saw my bike in the snow ceased up :'-(

I haven't charged for repairs or maintenance yet but I think after this time I will. Maybe that'll make him take better care of it.

Just sad I tell ya..

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
I too hate seeing a bike stored outside turning to rust. Especially if it's a decent bike to start with. Some people take care of things and they last a lifetime. Some people break things in a year.

You know those kids that would throw their bikes to the ground instead of using a kickstand? Many of them grow older without growing any smarter.

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Oh my gosh I'm seriously baffled how I didn't see this!!

I was looking at the broken exhaust. Fit a new muffler up to the header that was left on the engine. Took the header off and ground off the weld. Put it back on the engine. Tacked the muffler to the header. Took it back off and welded the 2 pieces together. Put it back on the engine yet again... fired it up to see the exhaust vibrate and feel it. Thought to myself " that seems a little off, I should put another mount on that" THAT'S WHEN I GOT DOWN AND LOOKED AT THE MUFFLER TO SEE THE FRONT MOTOR MOUNT WAS BROKEN AND MISSING A PIECE AS WELL AS A BROKEN BOLT IN THE BLOCK!! WTF?! That's just stupid how long it took to realize it was more broken than I thought... I don't even know how that happened.. :-( I go through this bikes bolts every once in a while and check the chains and whatnot... it's not my bike anymore but I still try and take care of it and teach it's new owner how to take care of it.. Golly..

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Imagine my dismay when I gave my dad a bike for father's day, and he sold it awhile later....

I am pretty sure he forgot who gave it to him, or why.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Sounds exactly like all my china girls, except the part about being left in the rain.