Hello from Texas

GoldenMotor.com

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
I'm a recreational rider that enjoys getting on my bike and heading out down the road without a destination. It's the best way to clear my head and get everything back in focus. I think everything is bigger and better in Texas so I chose a FAT bike from Soul Beach Cruisers, out of Tempe, Arizona. My new Soul Stomper just arrived today and it's SICK. I thought the bikes looked cool online but once I had it unboxed dance1 (sorry, no video) and assembled it looked even better. I've built one other bike from used parts but the Stomper is my first true build that I can call my own. I assembled the bike, made sure the engine would fit, added on some mirrors, some basic lights, an Ibera bike rack(55LB capacity) and now I just need to wait on some parts so I can get my freedom back. Thanks for being here to help and just to talk about our shared passion. Will share pics once it's complete.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the community, George.
We're glad you've found us and joined in the fun of motorized bicycles. Sounds like you have a good grasp on the basics but if you need any help or advice we're always here for you.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Welcome to the community, George.
We're glad you've found us and joined in the fun of motorized bicycles. Sounds like you have a good grasp on the basics but if you need any help or advice we're always here for you.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I will :)

NorthernVandal

Dec 1, 2015
Idaho
Love to see some pics, I have a Soul Stomper (Factory Raw) 3 speed and am just beginning my journey to find a way to put an engine on it. Not sure if I CAN yet, with the rear disc brake.

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Love to see some pics, I have a Soul Stomper (Factory Raw) 3 speed and am just beginning my journey to find a way to put an engine on it. Not sure if I CAN yet, with the rear disc brake.
I have the same bike sans the 3 speed. I opted for the single speed with the coaster brake and will eventually add a front brake. One problem is the length of the engine. I could not find a way to install it perfectly vertical. As you will see the carb is off to the left of the bottle opener. Another issue is the width of the seat tube. It's too thick. Another issue is the down tube. It's also too thick. I used one of the holes for the clutch plate to attach it directly to the bottle opener instead of the stock attachment at the back of the engine. You called it a journey and that's what it was for me. I also used a universal motor mount from custommotoredbicycles.com to attach the front of the engine to the bike's down-tube. Another issue there. The mounting holes didn't exactly match and the adapter's pre-drilled holes weren't wide enough to accommodate my engine's mounting holes. Some drilling was necessary. I opted for the cruiser brake alone because I thought the disc brake would get in the way of the sprocket assembly. After the journey was done(almost) this is the result https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImISCrhbJQ . Another issue as you might notice is the gas tank. The stock clamp won't fit. The correct fix is suggested over here http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=60269 I opted for JB Weld Steel Stick.

Last edited: