"OINKY" new police bike build

GoldenMotor.com

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
i stripped my BLACK SABBATH stretch cruiser, and decided to do a cop bike. dont ask me why, cuz i dont know. its keeping my mind off the recent unpleasantness, and thats good.

got rid of the straight drag bars. looked cool, but having to lean that far forward got really uncomfortable. turned the stock bars upside-down, and they feel wonderful.

i found a never-seen-gas new whizzer tank on ebay for $40 and snatched it up.
removed the emboss with a heat gun and Goof-Off.

found a couple of ammo boxes, to use as saddle bags. found realistic-looking police decals. took all those and the fenders to my buddy, who owns a body shop.

he did excellent work. sanded, primed, filled the dent in the tank from when i dropped it (that had me throwing-up, almost) and clear coat.

i still have to find some inexpensive lights/siren.

all i know, is i'm going to have to take this bike to the Doctor's when i'm done, cuz its gonna be SICK!

Attachments

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
That's awesome! Not to blow up the party though but you may need to check with your jurisdiction if it's okay to have such stickers on your bike. Some areas see it as impersonating a police officer how ridiculous is that?

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
yeah, large...what i'm gonna do is put "not" in smaller letters just above the POLICE decals. that way, i can say 'look...it says "not police". i didnt want to confuse anyone with the white tank and fenders, so i thought i'd better make that claer, hahahaha.

yes, ret. mach. i'll trade donuts with them anytime. as long as they're buying.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Spunout Siren and pa on ebay 160086576578.Instead of not,put i love the.I was a cop for many years and i would get a kick out of it.Dont make it look to real,i might mistake it for my harley cop bike in a crowded parking lot.HARLEYS DAD

Spunout

Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Spunout Siren and pa on ebay 160086576578.Instead of not,put i love the.I was a cop for many years and i would get a kick out of it.Dont make it look to real,i might mistake it for my harley cop bike in a crowded parking lot.HARLEYS DAD
haha, good advice. i actually am concerned, about possible harassment. i have been on the receiving end of a policeman's bad day many times.

anyway, here's more of what i'm looking for. (much less money):item 220357016814

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Dont forget a junk C.B. and a car antenna mounted on back. I rode a black Goldwing with a sticker on the windshield that said please. I know the dude that makes the graphics for the cops. While half helmet, Blue Western shirt, You would be amased at the drivers that slowed down with me in their mirrors. rotfl Nice job Spun.bf.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
"34 to base" - "34 to base" got a possible 10-24 in progress please respond! got a bicycle running over the speed limit! 37 in a 30, could be a possible suspect in the motorbicycling forum , also impersonating a poloice officer. we have copters on standby! were sending additional units 5 min. away!

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I like it!!! Ya know they sell those flashing blue & red lights for bikes on EBay! I, myself would set that bike up with those and maybe instead of the Police stickers, use something like "Neighborhood Watch" on it. You know.....everything from a distance make to "look like a cop", but in reality, just a friendly neighborhood watcher.

That way, they could never arrest you for impersonating an officer and once the cops got to know who you were and what "your cause" is, they'd never think twice about hassling you. And who knows, maybe others would follow the trend and you could ride in a pack!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
SuhWeet! More pictures! If you are worried about the "Police" impersonation, just put a little twist on the graphics saying "Pulice"

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
Sorry to hear of your financial troubles Spunout. I have been there and it isn't any fun at all. You are very talented and should be able to land on you'r feet, maybe it's just time to take a turn in the road. I wish you all the best.