Hello From NYC!/ My Build

GoldenMotor.com

dmbuggy

Jun 4, 2014
NYC
Never got the chance to post in here but hey!! Greetings from nyc! Im absolutely in love with this forum. Its teachng me so much in such a short period of time.. Heres the recent change to my little baby here.

Started like:

Currently like:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Looks like you're having fun like most of us do, we are really never finished with our bike we keep making changes from time to time. You may have already done this but the muffler should have a mount other than the flange, it will cut down the vibration a lot.

Last edited:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
How are the NYPD with the bike? I've been riding with impunity here in Suffolk County. I respect the traffic-laws and fellow motorists, and the cops don't bug me. I see you're missing the cap on your muffler. Is it gutted? You're asking for trouble if it is. Judging by the pics, looks like you're Bronx/Queens/Brooklyn. I suspect Manhattan would be a prob.

dmbuggy

Jun 4, 2014
NYC
How are the NYPD with the bike? I've been riding with impunity here in Suffolk County. I respect the traffic-laws and fellow motorists, and the cops don't bug me. I see you're missing the cap on your muffler. Is it gutted? You're asking for trouble if it is. Judging by the pics, looks like you're Bronx/Queens/Brooklyn. I suspect Manhattan would be a prob.
so far ive had really no problem with my bike and cops.. I ride on the far right like the law says for mopeds. Many cops have seen/passed me even with my loud exhaust and said nothing. Even the undercover officers have better things to do haha.

& what do you mean by gutted?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Removing the end cap off the muffler is not a great idea. Not only can it be detrimental to your engine but the noise doesn't impress anyone but you. Our hobby is under a lot of scrutiny and loud exhaust won't make many friends. The performance increase is negligible but the negative attention won't do you or the sport any good.

Tom

pet999

Aug 11, 2014
Tucson AZ USA
From Tucson Az. I have built a 4 stroke hs with stage 3 drive. Has been 1.5 months, and had to rebuild the gearbox 1 time, then today it failed really bad. 10 miles of pedaling, 93° heat, and am almost afraid to look in the cover. Ironicaly, I was trying to locate a belt drive tranny when it happened. Still have not located one. Found one online, but it is backordered till december.got anyideas?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
what do you mean by gutted?
Baffles removed. You and your engine (longevity and efficiency) would benefit by a proper muffler.I highly recommend an expansion-chamber and silencer if you can scrape together about $40. Your kit'll sound sweeter, your MPG will increase, and you engine'll last longer. I've found it makes for easy chokeless starts in the cold NY Winters too.

As for the cops having better things to do: this is true...until they don't have better things to do and you get pulled over. They CAN and WILL confiscate your bike if they had an argument with their wives the previous night and they don't like you. I advise you to make sure to keep as low a profile as possible in NYC.

dmbuggy

Jun 4, 2014
NYC
Hahaa alright guys.. I guess I can sacrifice my childish dreams of a fast, loud bike to have some some better fuel usage & cut down noise pollution