Here in Down East Maine, ready for some speed!

GoldenMotor.com

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
Hello all, I am Joe from Machias, Maine. We have ATV trails that run all around the area, and I have been planning on getting an engine kit for my cruiser. I have been researching quite a bit, and still am unsure where I should order.. I would prefer a black 66cc 2 stroke kit. I want to be sure it is from a reputable manufacture. BUT.... Budget it everything haha. Money's tight. This would be a good investment for me! I am glad to be here to learn from all of you kind people brnot

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Motojoe2492!

Welcome to the forum.
A black 66. Well for my first build I purchased one from BikeBerry. The Flying Horse slant. It has a warranty that's provisional. You have to send the defective part to them for evaluation. I got around that by buying a backup engine. I also did not use the sprocket assembly that came in the kit. I purchased an adapter, 36 tooth. Once you start your MB more than likely you'll want to upgrade and do mods. It's rare that a builder doesn't. But you joined a great forum, that will save you a lot of time and aggravation. I've been around for many years and I'm amazed at how much I've learned from this forum. Show us some pictures of your build please. Have fun and be safe!

Dave
AssembleThis

.bld.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Joe, and to the pretty lady next to you :)

You've come to the right place to get you and your motorized bicycle project on the road.
We urge new members to take advantage of the vast amount of information available using our search feature but we're always here, ready and willing to offer assistance if/when you need it.

As for the black engine; they are simply painted versions of the others. Don't pay extra for that. You can paint it yourself. Keep in mind that price isn't everything. What you'll want to do is check the seller for after sale/customer support. If you have a warranty issue you'll be glad you did.

Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
Thanks guys! I have yet to purchase a kit... Finances are quite the obstacle! But I am liking the reviews on BikeBerry, so I will definitely be buying there! It's looking a lot like spring of 2015 is my date of assembly :p I will keep updated on here though!