New guy, no bike...yet

GoldenMotor.com

dovedescending

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
Hey all,

I discovered this forum while doing some research on an old Schwinn I used to ride at my granddad's house when I was a boy. Motorized bicycles popped up on Google image search, and now I'm here.

The "honey I need a motorcycle" battle has been fought and lost at least a dozen times, but to be honest, the last few times I haven't fought all that hard. What I really want is something to ride 5 miles down the road to visit my brother, and a few miles past that to the local microbrewery. And who wants a Vespa when you could have a motorized bicycle? Plus motorized bicycles are much cheaper than motorcycles, and they've got that nostalgic vibe to them.

I look forward to lurking more, along the occasional question, and hopefully at some point posting pictures of my own build.

dance1

Nunyadam

Jun 25, 2013
3rd rock from sun
Welcome!
Research is what landed me here as well. Today is day TWO for my first build, and I learned a lot reading the forums here that helped me get my China Girl up and running smoothly right out of the gate.
One of these bike will be great for the short hops to your Brothers, and trips to the Microbrewery. Just remember not to drink and ride, it will get you a DUI,or worse just as easily as a car.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...i'm new at this myself and i'm here to tell you riding these things is a blast.

here's my bike.

...and a shot of a bike my buddy just finished, that's my pal on the right showing the bike to my son, the long haired blond with the hat.

...btw, that bike was his first and it took him 2 days to put it together, ...we picked up that bike and a Trek very similar to it for $40.00 each off Craigslist and we bought the Skyhawk kits for $149.00, ...now that his is done we can start on the trek, lol.

this hobby is addictive!

peace, bozo

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

I also got into this 'hobby' to cure the itch for another motorcycle! So far, it's worked out just fine......I don't need the latest and greatest anymore --- I just wanna go......brnot