Need Knowledge How To Mount Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome ecogenie to Motorbicycling.com, glad you joined us.

First thing to do is decide how will you use your motor assisted bicycle?

Is it just for fun to cruise around the neighborhood?

Is it for daily commuting?

Is it for all show and no go?

And ask yourself what bike do I like, cruiser, mountain bikes ect...

What bike will fit my needs the best?

Before you decide on a bike its important to decide on what motor you will be using. There are many engine options that will determine the type and size of frame you will need.

You have the typical 2-stroke engine kit that will fit most bikes with little modification. Then you have your 4-stroke options along with 2 & 4 strokes rear mount options. And of course we cannot forget a non-kit diy build that can be just about anything. There are also front mount options and you can always go electric as well.

A little more info on what you are wanting, or need would help plus knowing how mechanically skilled you are.

Last edited:

ecogenie

Nov 9, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
Will be using it for commuting around the neighborhood and elsewhere. Would think about a bike that is mostly on the road but if needed could take it off road for short rides. Not at all looking for top end speed by no means. Must have power to get up an incline if needed. Don't like the idea of crashing so will keep the speed to a snails pace. Just to get me to where I need to go with the least problems. Must I know much about repair or just the up keep of the bike and motor?

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
knowing about engines, tools, and mechanical is a must, a shop to work on things is nice to also have, alot of people have issues because they think everything will go together with no problems, not the case. I have built my company around a turn key bicycle, add gas and go, sure it might not be as rewarding as doing it yourself, but it can be way less frustrating.