Getting ready to start a couple builds

GoldenMotor.com

MacGyver

Jan 5, 2009
Riverside, CA
Hello all! It's been over a year since I last posted! I've been really busy with work and life in general, and finally have time to come back to my lil' projects taht was in planning, put on hiatus, and is now back under way.

So the run down.

I live in CA, but travel between CA and NM. I live in both, for lack of a better term, and am starting a couple of builds for me and my father to have some fun with. I did read up the DMV websites of both states, and off th top of my head, the engine I want to do this with is too big to be regidtered as a moped, but that's fine because they will only be used on private property. anmely, being used on my familys dirt farm (no crops in some time), and a friends couple acre lot.

Ok, so, the motor in question is this guy. If I'm not mistaken the rev. limiter or gov. can be removed to get a few more hp's out of it, yes?

So, how could these be mounted to beach cruisers? Any special things needed to attach them to the sprockets? Just regular, men's cruisers. These are going to have rattle can paint jobs, and be fixed up some, but nothing showey. Basically, it's just for us to goof off on the family and friends personal property.

I've already got a lead on the bikes, so I'll start there. I'm not buying new ones because I don't think we need that, some nice used ones will work perfectly fine. Thsi is my first couple of builds. well, our builds. My pops is building his own. I'm doing one, he's doing the other.

I hiope I put this in the right section...

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Here's a thought, with a near 400cc engine that has a dry weight of 70 lbs., perhaps a light motorcycle frame would serve you well. I actually find them quite available in the area I live, one's with engines not running, and they can be bought very reasonably.

MacGyver

Jan 5, 2009
Riverside, CA
Well, I should state, that is what our fantasy engine is. Likely, we will have smaller ones. that's the thing I should have added above. And maybe. We'll see. depnds on what I can find around here.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you can mount that to a regular bike and ride it 500 miles without busting your yaya's, I'll give you a dollar.