Hi From Altamonte Springs, Florida!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Droptop986

Apr 22, 2010
Orlando, Florida
About a year ago I rescued an injured Jaguar from a dumpster here in Florida. It had a broken derauler, chain, and a mangled Fender but otherwise was brand new. I was planning to fix up the bike and had never even heard of motor bikes. While trying to locate some parts for this bike I entered "Jaguar Chain guard" into Google and discovered this site. After lurking a couple weeks, and since I had both a Giant MB and Giant Roadbike for regular bikes, the Jag would be a good candidate for a motorbike. Anyway, I ordered a Grubee 80cc kit from Bikeberry, the manic mechanic engine mount and bought some duplicolor ford blue paint per 2Door's suggestions. FEDEX delivered the motor today!!! Now the question is should I wait for the motor mount to arrive, or should I put the bike together tonight to ride this weekend and later "upgrade" the mount?!?!? Also, I painted the tank and chainguard over lunch... What is a good gas resistant and heat resistant clearcoat to put over the tank? Also with this combo are there any other upgrades I should consider at this stage and as a casual rider?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Get you bike broken in before planning any upgrades. The motors gain a lot of power during the break in period.

metalmanipulator

May 16, 2010
orlando, fl.
Looking foward to my new toy. I also have a 2nd project which involves a 49cc engine I obtained of a moped. I got an old 24" huffy beach cruiser that is going to get totally re-worked. Going to look at tubing tomarrow.