An install Kit for the Schwinn Jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
I have had the Jag out a few times so far the bike runs like a champ. no vibes in the handlebars at all and acceleration is smooth and constant.

Not too many miles on her yet as I seem to be drawing the attention of the fabulous officers in the Las Vegas Metro police department. On all 3 rides I have been stopped and questioned on my bike. I have about 30 miles on it so far.

I have eps VI coming but i am waiting for some parts and my painted tank to come back from the paint shop then i can post up the finished product.

Over all the kit is fantastic

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Not too many miles on her yet as I seem to be drawing the attention of the fabulous officers in the Las Vegas Metro police department. On all 3 rides I have been stopped and questioned on my bike. I have about 30 miles on it so far.
Looking forward to seeing your photos. What did the police say to you and what is the law in Vegas about motorized bicycles? are you wearing a helmet and is it required?

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Out here Motorized Bicycles are just that Bicycles. As long as they are under 49cc and do less than 30MPH on flat ground they qualify as non motor vehicle. No lisc no plate no helmet required.

I personally wear a helmet just because I love my great barbarian looks. The issue the Police seem to have is I use the Bike lanes and trails which must safer for the bicycle however the locals law seems to think i shouldn't ride in the bike lane that i should have to ride the right lane like the little scooters do. However local law states that any "bicycle" shall have control of the provided lane.

I have yet to be given a traffic ticket for anything yet although i am getting tired already of the harassment. I called the local office and spoke with the traffic supervisor and he has asked that I bring my bike down and have a meeting with him so we can educate the traffic enforcement officers as to the difference between a MOPED and a assisted bicycle.

I have set up the meeting for this coming sat afternoon and I intend to ride my bike to the office and see if I get pulled over on the way. The last officer i encountered with was other than friendly and figured he could bully me into not riding it at all. I have been assured that the issue can be cleared up but I am not really going to count on it.

I figure the next poor officer that pulls me for no reason will get forced into writing a ticket maybe if i get in front of a judge and get proven not guilty in open court they will just leave MB's alone.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
happened almost exactly like that to me a coupla years ago
take the ticket, be cool in court and state your case
win your case, and carry a copy of judge's decision while riding

good luck :)

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Up here in Prescott, AZ, the police are friendly concerning my MB. I carry a copy of ARS 28-2516 just in case, observe traffic laws, and only live 2.5 miles from work. There are are a couple of teenagers who ride around like maniacs with the muffler cap end removed. I've seen them blast on and off the sidewalks and told them that if thay don't behave, the city can pretty much outlaw these things.
Saw a t-shirt: "Prescott is a drinking town with a tourist problem".

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
I have all the DMV paperwork and information i am sure that there should not be an issue. I had the same problem in Daytona until the local cops got used to seeing me riding around. Once i can get a good route set up I am going to start riding it to work everyday.

JAtkinson86

Jun 5, 2009
CA
Hey MANIC is the final kit still going to include a A dual pull/dual action brake lever? I was going to order one until i read that the kit was going to include it. BTW can't wait for the kit release! (*COUGH* any possible ETA) :)