Schwinn Spoiler Tank and Tins

GoldenMotor.com

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
Here is my friend, Al "Brush" Battista's work on my Tins. Al is an "Old Skool" striper going back to '58.
He did these for my Creative Engineering Spoiler Build. You can go to: Pinhead Lounge Pinstriping Archive - Dedicated to the Preservation of the Art of Kustom and Traditional Pinstriping to see his work. He is very interested in doing more bikes.
feel free to contact him at albat @ optonline. net (take the spaces out of the email address)

The Theme I chose was to do a tribute to Indian Larry.

Attachments

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
Al is a great guy and he started out in 1958 at the Autorama Shows in Ct. He left striping behind and ended up in Manhattan as an Advertising Art Director. It is only recently , now retired , that he has begun to stripe again. He has spent the last couple years getting back his chops and when I picked up the tins he told me he is ready to take on work. Me I think he is more than ready. thanks for the comments!! I will pass them along to him. He really takes this seriously as he considers it his art.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gene,
Very very nice work. Your friend, Al, is a true artist. (wasn't he the president of Cuba for a while? :) ) Being on the best coast of FL. I'm wondering if you've ever heard of a guy named John Starr. He was a custom painter, striper and mural artist out of Tampa. Haven't heard from or about him since the early 80s. I was partners in a custom van shop back then in Miami and we used Starr as our painter.
Please post pix of your finished project.
Tom

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
Tom I am not familiar with him. In Naples I worked in a Custom Motorcycle Shop and we used a few local guys but for special work we sent tins to NY. I will post the build as it goes along. Jim at Creative Engineering has a lot to do with the speed of the picture posting LOL
Gene

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Jim are you listening LOL
For myself, and a few other local guys, I am creating the ultimate Spoiler. Gene, Craig, myself, and Karen will have very unique MB's.

They will be belt drive with a 3-speed internal hub behind the seat post as a transmission. They will have a Jockey shifter that operates the SRAM 3-speed hub. As a work in progress I have many more design ideas for tid-bits that will complete these bikes.

These bikes are the reason why the new engines came about. The engine will be a highly modified Billet China Girl that will get all of the replacement internals needed to ensure a good engine.

The front wheel has a provision for dual disc brakes...(Craig), Kawasaki has already set-up his this way, and it stops quick!!!

These Spoilers are going to be very unique when finished...I can't wait to see the reaction on Clearwater beach when Karen and I ride ours.

Jim

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
I was going around in circles trying to figure out a seat for the Indian Larry Theme Spoiler. I contacted John Grenga of Naples Florida who has made custom motorcycle seats for me in the past. His work is excellent and he actually can tailor a seat to the individual with back problems and persons that need special considerations. Custom seating materials including all types of leathers and alligator too. And Gels and Memory foams. He is one of the best around and I think he is reasonable with his prices as well. Here are some pictures of the seat he has just completed for me.

His link is below check him out.

About Us

Thanks John !!!!

Attachments

Last edited: