Spark plug

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Have a 49cc G Scooter motor ( garage sale $5 ) anyone know what size spark plug it would take?.....................Curt

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
We need more information.. Maybe some pics? What does the original spark plug look like? Are there are markings/letters on it?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
There is no spark plug,don't know if someone here took it out or there was none when i got it. Just thought that someone might know that has a pocket bike or scooter..............Curt

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You could try checking the hole size, the really small ones have 10mm threads, then there's 12 and 14mm as common sizes, then you'd need to measure the reach... basically how thick the metal at the hole is, common sizes can be anywhere from 10mm to 20mm. Also with the reach determined, you'll need to buy a plug with that reach then slowly turn the crank by hand to ensure the piston can't hit the plug electrode. If you can remove the head easily, putting a small piece of modeling clay on the top of the piston is an easy way to measure clearance, or if the plug is recessed in the combustion chamber god enough, it should be a non issue.

The engine should run once you get the right thread diameter and reach, then you'll need to find out the right heat range which unless someone else knows, it's trial and error. Starting with a cold plug and working your way hotter until the plug can "self clean" is the safest method.

Pretty much all you'll need is a source of some really cheap plugs until you find what works best.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thanks. I don't know what really happend to the one that was in there but have a couple son's that come and go. and i have to much going on,with age i forget to easy now days.
Will measure and maybe try weed eater plug. I just thought someone might have a pocket bike or go-ped scooter that could give me the size or close.............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
No chassis just motor ( garage sale item $5 ) The only markings on the motor is a raised Triangle with two bars beside it. and the number 31122330. I thnk it might be one of them skate board type stand up scooters,because it has a tail pipe with a muffler that hangs out away................Curt