Help - Help Me Get Motorized

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
For buyiing a kit, I'd just deal with Dax since his stuff is much better than what most ebay sellers are selling and he'll have everything you'll need, you can also call him from his web site and he could tell you just what you need to buy to suit your needs and help you avoid buying unnecessary stuff or the wrong stuff.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I don't know if you've decided on dax yet, but i do have a titan xc50 if you want it. It's brand new, and been sitting at my folks for quite some time. I also have the motor mounting plate too. I'm local to you too. Tigard, OR here.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Well, the closes Dax has to a sprocket with as many teeth as you suggest is either a 54 or a 48, so which would you suggest?

Magna, I'm near Bend, I couldn't drive any where more then an hour from there so if your further, you'd have to come to me, Also I can't seem to find much info on this titan xc50, plus I think the only way I could buy just a motor and the mounting plate, is if I was given a above normal deal, because I think it'll cost me more buying the parts separately then in a kit, I don't know, just a thought but I would be interested as long as the other guys on here think it might be a good idea, the oh mighty motor bike gurus.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Also, I just wanted to say again, thank you every one for your input, I very much appreciate it, thanks.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Seems to me that magna_503 is offering to just give you the engine Crisscrow, if that is the case that is a super super nice thing of him to do and just an example of one of the best of the best members we have on this forum.

The TITAN XC50 is what Duane at Dax calls his engine, its a Honda Cloned engine and they are known for good reliability and performance, that would be the best engine you could go with in my opinion, just put some stickers on the side that say 32cc or something like that and removed the TITAN XC50 sticker, chances are you will never have a bit of problems.

map

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
O_O If that's what he's saying I wouldn't know what to say, completely unexpected but thanks and really hope he's near Bend, OR, I honestly wouldn't ever expect someone to be so nice, so that's why I thought he was trying to sell it to me.

So its a 49cc motor?

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Also, where would you find a 32cc stickers, I've done a couple searches on ebay and amazon and had no luck.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Looks like you found the best deal going... even if it's just the engine and the mount plate, you can get the rest of the parts from Dax and that should keep you way under budget.
For the sticker, just remove the 49cc sticker if you can't get a 32cc sticker..
You may need to use some stamping punches and stamp the base of the cylinder "33cc" so if anyone ever asks you could point out that it says 33c on the engine..

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Oh did I forget to mention, I live in a trailer and don't have a more then the basic tools heh, so a punch/stamp, I don't even know what those tools look like um.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
They're pretty cheap... just look up a steel stamping kit on ebay or harbor freight... they're a set of small punches that stamp letters or numbers into metal parts by hitting them with a hammer

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
Oh, just now noticed magna_503 said the name of the town he is in and that's a 3 and a half hour drive from me one way, I couldn't do that, would you be willing to ship it Magna_503?

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
I'd pay for the shipping of course, though I hope it wouldn't be too much, still, less then it'd cost to buy the motor so, can't complain, as for the stamp tools, those seem more then possible.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
So you don't think you can send it?

If generously giving me the motor was your intention that is, though I'd understand if you can't, the offer was rather kind of you non the less, if you can't I should be able to afford the 49cc motor kit from dax, wish he sold a 4-stroke kit around that price heh.

Crisscrow

Jun 12, 2014
OR
I can shipped it to you no problem. I have to find it first though... :)
That'd be great! Would save me so much, might even get it before my birth day next month or I think I should, I mean your just a 3 hour drive, though I wonder which would cost more, the gas to get a ride there or shipping it heh, well first I'd have to have to have someone that can take 7 plus hours out of their day, anyways, good luck finding it.