Howdy

GoldenMotor.com

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Hello everybody. Just put a deposit on a bike to be built. I am looking forward to a new hobby ....I have a lot of questions but they are prob all answered in here somewhere. I will peruse and then beg for info...cheers.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Welcome abord ironhorse.

We're always fixing to do something around here. When you see how much traveling ya can do for a few bucks..........you'll understand. You'll want to ride it to the grocery store, on all your errands, and even to work if ya can. I've got a bike carrier for my car and I figure if I had to drive on the four lane a few miles to where I could park the car and finish the trip on the bike.....then that's what I'd do. There's more than one way to "Hybrid" a car ! rotfl

Then ride back to the car later, rack the bike, and drive the "mothership" on back home.

If ya have a high speed connected computer, watch this ol' boy from Alabama's story:

YouTube - Fuel Efficient Motorized Bicycle - 250 mpg

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Howdy back at you ironhorse, welcome to the addiction. There are a lot of knowledge shared here and all are forthcoming with ideas, advise, warnings,a nd stories. Do not hesitate to ask. Even if it's been covered before, it can always be revisited.

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Thanks for the welcome. OK if y'all are interested- Pick up the new bike next week. From what I have read, there is no way to tell a 50 cc from an 80:confused: cc motor.Other than taking the head off and measureing the :confused: width of the bore?.They are saying the motor will be 80cc 2 stroke. I've read that these are actually only 67cc...Also the bike has disc brakes, and it appears only the 36:confused: tooth sprocket will fit under the caliper.Could I go with back cntr pull in order to put a larger sprocket or not enough stopping power? Dang! Running out of room here and still so many questions. Thanks mangs. p.s. ... My new wheels will henceforth be called Greg. I decided.

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
I di'int put those faces on my last post. 43 year olds don't usually put smiley faces in their correspondences. Unless it's a small smiley face over an i . Will try to delete these liberties taken with the Queens English.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Ironhorse,

when you're typing in the text block, it will keep going.....just keep typing what ya want to say. You won't run out of room. when you get to the bottom it will add a scroll bar at the right for you automatically.