Hello from Vancouver, BC

GoldenMotor.com

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
I am 2 weeks into slowly assembling my kit onto a 20+ year old bike. Have had some challenges but am taking my time. Reading lots of tips here in the forums. Thank-you all for the great information.

I have the "80cc" unit from PowerKing or Zoom (whichever they are best known by).

Already had to reverse the gear, adjust the clutch, replace a bad brake cable (brakes are a good thing I understand) picked up my loctite, modify front mount (frame diameter larger at front).

I am at the chain stage and need to locate my dremel tool. Looking forward to completing soon.

Plans are to add a boost bottle as well and a better seat for comfort. I hope to partially commute with it once completed.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
welcome to the forums...glad to see you finding the advice here good...these guys know a lot about making these motorized bikes run great!

and yes, brakes are a good thing! LOL

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :D
Nice to hear you are taking your time to do it right. It will make it so much Worth while when you are finished.
:ride2:

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Yeah well I guess it comes with age and having a family.

If all goes as planned I am going to convince my wife that we need a his and hers :)

I have to say that the amount of info available here on this forum is incredible. I think I may have the "chain rubbing tire" hurdle next, however each of these issues I get by with the info collected from this site makes it that much more rewarding.

I have a few neighbors who are excited to see the outcome as well so I might send them to the forum as well.

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Well unfortunately the project is on permanent hold whilst I mend my torn achilles tendon. Bummer!

Looks like I'll get working on it again when my leg gets better minimum 10 weeks. Then more time for therapy before I can ride. Baseball hmmmmph!

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks Cruiser. Meantime my appetite for a boost bottle and tuned pipe have my interest peaked. Also reading with great interest about Nexus and Nuvinci wheels and the possibilty of using the gears as a distinct possibility.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to the forum! Sorry about the injury, been there myself. It is so nice to hear your taking your time. I have always wondered that there is not enough time to do it right the first time, BUT always time to do it over! I wish you well, :ride: