First time builder from Los Angeles

GoldenMotor.com

rbh808

Apr 17, 2010
los angeles
Hello to the community. I just got my first kit in the mail, and a cheap old mountain bike. I don't have a work space so I suppose I'm gonna do this in the front room of my apartment. So just looking for tips on anything from best upgrades to building tips. There are alot of hills around my neighborhood, not sure how these little engines do on a hill. Also I am over 200lbs. Hope its as fun as it looks.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
welcome to the hood, checkout the LA rides we have about once a month, see some of our bikes, smell some 2 smokers , get some ideas maybe go to a bbq or to the beach , anyway welcome Later Bob

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I just got my first build running last night, I weigh in at around 300, and mine right out of the box on my mountain bike motors me right along, almost to good. My only mod that I just finished was to redo the clutch cable so that shifter for my front derailer is actually my clutch, I have rapid fire shifters so it works great for the clutch and cleans an extra lever off the handle bars. But like Dan says it way funner than it looks