Small, drive gear.

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Buzzing down a deserted main st at 3AM, I lost all thrust but engine noise was about the same but free-wheeling like whine. Took clutch cover off and the small, drive gear seemed to have moved out and away from the engine and towards the pedal and could be turned by hand. Next day for the life of me I could not get the motor apart. Any advice on getting nut under spring to turn? took off plate on other side and used 2 wrenches but was close to rounding both nuts. Will try penetrating oil tomorrow, but not sure that's a great idea. I tapped small gear back inward with rubber mallet and bike started and ran a few feet then same no go, no bad sounds. (Not all bad)

Biggest bummer is it is the engine off "ol red" AND SUMMER IS HERE!

This will be the first time I have seen the inside, where all the Chinese, Happy Time happens.

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Rufus says just send him some catnip or a can of tuna and alls cool.(^)
Hope you get it fixed.
Norman

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Let Rufus know a party pack/feline gift basket filled with tuna, canned chicken (cats really do love canned chicken. They are strange 4 legged folks) and some ti-nip are being ground shipped as we speak.

I have not been able to get the screw in the middle of the small gear to budge.:eek: The gear is free wheeling. Also wanted to ask if any one could suggest the size or type of puller this will need? Or do I once the screw is extracted.:confused:

I am 3 weeks with-out a ride due to a small screw that's yet to see a happy ending.

I will not snap. I will not snap. I will not snap..... :-||

Snork