New Member Intro

GoldenMotor.com

Mrwaterway

Dec 26, 2009
Florida
Bought 2 bike motor kits and have been setting them up-i Walmart Huffy, 1 Walmart Schwinn-big problems with rear coaster brakes. Replaced one rear wheel with a old ten speed sprocket, but have no brakes! Works great though-
The other bike has major wobble after about 2 miles. These were Xmas gifts and I thought the three hours to assemble would be no problem-Well have about 15 hours invested so far and one works, but has no brakes, and the other is being torn apart today. I think things will get easier. Glad I found you guys! I may just look for a cheap mountain bike and get away from the coaster brake design-the sprocket kit will not fit over the bearing cover-as you all know. ANYWAY HOWDY!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Re: New (dumb) Member Intro

I'll not have ya slanderin' any member of this forum... even if it's yerself lol :D

Welcome to the place man and I bet there's a "fix" fer yer coaster brake prob ;)

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Hello Mrwaterway,
You have done well in 15 hrs. My first build took 3 days and many problems but eventually came together with help from forums. Rode for 1000 miles before next bike came along.
Coasterbrakes are ok I used a dremmel on mine to get it over bearing cap. A little chain hop but it worked ok. Good luck hope your riding soon with brakes of coarse.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Add a front brake. Even a cheapie BMX style front brake helps a lot.